sold sold sold Medium or large frame with 1.5 head tube hard tail to 180mm travel

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Item: medium or large sized frame with 1.5 head tube and 180mm rear travel or less, even a hard tail. I am not after a big dh frame. 142x12 drop outs are preferred, 150x12 certainly accepted. 135x12 I guess I could do it. 135x10 unlikely but will be considered.
Location : anywhere if you have good game. Otherwise Newcastle area to Sydney and a little further out, Melbourne area, or any other location where my network of independent valuers are located.
Price: the cheaper the better, but I'm no stooge when the goods are good.
Conditions : super dooper! No structural issues. Will consider most things in cross comparison to price.

I recently picked up some forks with a 1.5 steerer thanks to the generosity of Beej1 and am wanting to have some fun getting them on a bike.

Edit - happy to consider large sizes too.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
At 135x10 you'll probably give it a pass, but that yeti ASX my wife wanted then didn't want is well within those travel specs (152mm/178mm) and sports a 1.5 head tube (currently with tapered headset though).

Let me know if it's remotely interesting...

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I remember this frame. Thank you for the offer, but at this moment I shall hold out for something closer to my heart. I did always liked them back in the day. What happened to the air shock?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
No worries, kinda figured you might be after something a bit more stout.

I feel kinda guilty about this after all the effort, but I thought I'd try it on her craftworks. Turns out the Roco is a MUCH better shock than the original monarch so there it stays.

What forks did you dig up? 1.5 isnt a common size!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It was almost...and it should be...but it never really did.

Beej had some old lyrics. I was hoping to get a tapered steerer pressed in by the Australian authority on bike engineering, but they are unable to source appropriate steerer tubes. I'll see what comes up in 1.5 frame options. SC nomads had 1.5 for a bit, pretty sure Banshee did on a few, intense did it a bit as well I think. Not really sure what else. I remember da bomb having a sweet short travel freeride bike with 150x12 rear and I'm sure it had a fat head as well. Ideally I'll end up with a short travel (130-150mm) bike robust enough for flogging over my local digs.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Medium frame with 1.5 head tube hard tail to 180mm travel

Nomad 2 has a 1.5 steerer right up to the last model with 142x12 dropouts. Banshee rune pre - v2 also had 1.5 steerer. I know because i have owned both.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Might have to short shock a Scott Voltage FR.

At least you know it will never break
I have had one of these myself. I did break it! I rounded out inside the head of one of the chain stay bolts. One of my friends attempted an easy out for me...the result was quite broken.

Pop up a pic when you get the chance please? And which axle config is the rear end running?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Tracer 2 also sports the 1.5 head tube, can do the 142x12 axle, can adjust the travel between 145mm and 160mm, and goes ACE with the older 1.5 steerer lyriks...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Then I remembered the saga and you're keeping it...such a tease. I feel like I should be covered in cat hair about now.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Then I remembered the saga and you're keeping it...such a tease. I feel like I should be covered in cat hair about now.
Lol! Yeah, recommendation not a sales pitch. The chin bar is hiding most of it but there is a big goofy shit-eating grin all the way from one ear to the other there. Reckon I'll hold onto the beast now

I have got a 70mm (I think) 1.5 truvativ stem you can have though, did you get a stem with the lyriks?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Lol! Yeah, recommendation not a sales pitch. The chin bar is hiding most of it but there is a big goofy shit-eating grin all the way from one ear to the other there. Reckon I'll hold onto the beast now

I have got a 70mm (I think) 1.5 truvativ stem you can have though, did you get a stem with the lyriks?

No stem with the lyriks

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Lol! Yeah, recommendation not a sales pitch.
I hope that one day you decide to spread that joy around. I'm patient...and eager.

I will need a stem. I had a mad kona one. I can't remember where it went, pretty sure someone on here. 70mm is going to be too long for my wicked styles though. Thank you much volume for the offer though.

I'm really eager to hear if anyone wants to move a nomad v2, intense Uzi/tracer, or similar suspension style of bike please?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I know where a brand new unbuilt 24 cycles letoy 4 frame in pink is sitting if you want something left of centre.