VIC SOLD - Waltly Titanium hardtail frame

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Item: Waltly Titanium custom hardtail frame (Approx. a modern size L).
Item Condition: Excellent.
Reason for selling: I have another Ti frame.
Price and price conditions: $690 plus postage.

Extra Info:
  • Clearance for up to 29x2.5" tyres
  • "Boost" 148 rear axle spacing
  • ZS44/ZS56mm (press-in cup type) headtube
  • 73mm threaded bottom bracket
  • ISCG-05 tabs on bottom bracket
  • Fits 30.9mm seatposts.
  • Ported for internal dropper post cable routing
  • Bottle-mount on downtube
  • Sugru (hand-moulded) chainstay protectors
Geometry sheet in pictures below.

Comes with Shimano MT800 bottom bracket installed and Cane Creek "Hellbender" 70 series headset.

FYI:
  • Headset may need a new upper bearing, was just starting to develop some play right before I swapped to a new frame with my next bike.
  • Dropper post port has a slight internal burr which catches on the cable outer, it's annoying to install the cable but fine once installed.
IMO, the best setup on this bike was when I had it setup as a mullet (29" front, 27.5" rear). It was an absolute blast on the descents in that configuration, really eager to get chucked about and surprisingly plowable. Bit tough to sell this one, but the money is more use than an unused frame in the garage right now... :(
Pictures:

Geo sheet:

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Also for shipping stuff your local post office pack and send do door to door and I think there prices are pretty good, it cost me $40 to send the honzo frame and that was with good insurance.

beeb

Also for shipping stuff your local post office pack and send do door to door and I think there prices are pretty good, it cost me $40 to send the honzo frame and that was with good insurance.
It's getting the time to go to those places at the moment that is tricky.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yeah it's always tricky, depending on your situation it can sometimes work to just have a courier come pick it up from you.

beeb

Yeah it's always tricky, depending on your situation it can sometimes work to just have a courier come pick it up from you.
True indeed. Despite how it sounds - I'm not actually against posting frames, just want the seller to be aware it might take me a couple of days to get it underway.

PJO

in me vL comy
I think one of my mates should buy this. He is 6'6" I think or somewhere around that.
Do you reckon it would be on the small side?

beeb

I think one of my mates should buy this. He is 6'6" I think or somewhere around that.
Depends how he wants to ride it. Probably okay for mellow riding on flatter terrain, but possibly a bit short for descending focused riding. I'm 6'2"ish and ran it with a 50mm stem and it seemed about right for reasonably aggressive downhill riding.

PJO

in me vL comy
He is currently on an XXL Santa Cruz Highball 2C with a 120 fork. The reach is similar but the stack on your walty is bigger so would probably feel similar if not a bit bigger...

beeb

He is currently on an XXL Santa Cruz Highball 2C with a 120 fork. The reach is similar but the stack on your walty is bigger so would probably feel similar if not a bit bigger...
HA is probably a little slacker on this too I'm guessing, which would make the front centre a little longer as a bonus.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
As a 6'2" bloke on another of @beeb's collection of Waltlys I reckon it would feel very short in the reach for your mate. I'm tempted to get this as a comparison to my frame though! @Scotty675 why have you not bought this yet?

Scotty675

Cable thief
As a 6'2" bloke on another of @beeb's collection of Waltlys I reckon it would feel very short in the reach for your mate. I'm tempted to get this as a comparison to my frame though! @Scotty675 why have you not bought this yet?
Believe me, it’s taking all my will power not to buy this and the old highball back.
I have promised not to buy another bike till my birthday. If this is still here in 7weeks I’ll jump. I have been buying up and have parts for 2 new editions.

Scotty675

Cable thief
My updated plan is to see how many points are gained for new couch on Friday. Also I haven’t really broken my promise if I have it sent to another address and it miraculously turns up after my birthday.