Sold!

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item:
2003 RockShox Boxxer Race

Item Condition:
There are a fair few scratches on the lowers (as you would expect from forks of this age), none on the stanchions though see pics. The RHS Boxxer sticker is missing, but i'm sure you could find a replacement one for cheap if you really wanted. These forks could do with an oil change, but other than that they are great! Also one of the bolts that hhold the axel in is missing because the inside is stripped, doesn't affect it at all (see pic).

Overall 7 out of 10.

Reason for selling:
I can't justify owning these high end downhill forks and I would like to get at least one of my bikes up and running at the moment as walking to school is painful :(

Price and price conditions:
$1 No reserve, $250 buy now price on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...m=230200807437&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013

Extra Info:
These forks could probably do with a service, they need new oil.

• 220mm Steerer Tube length
• Adj: ALL TRAVEL
• SPRING: Dual Coil
• DAMPING: NEW! HC2
• Adj: Rebound
• 20mm Axel included

HC2 dampening, Rebound adjust (Compression is non adjustable), 7" travel, 6.5 pounds. They were the lightest Boxxer from 03-04, same weight as an 05 World Cup. Bu they had no direct mount options, and have been known to spike- hence why they brought out the 'black box' upgrades (a drilled out rebound shim).
Pictures:
I can include more if you want, note 1 1/8" converter is not included in sale.

Terms and Conditions:
Items are sold as is, unless otherwise stated. Postage can be arranged via PM, pickup is also available. Any users who have bought from me before are elligible for "Mates Rates." Please no swaps or trades, unless stated. Prices are always negotiable and all reasonable offers will be considered.

Attachments

Last edited:

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought they were 04 too, but I googled the 04 race in images and they came up with the black lowers. So I googled the 05 race and it came up with ones that looked exactly the same with grey lowers like these.

So I am very confused :confused:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I thought they were 04 too, but I googled the 04 race in images and they came up with the black lowers. So I googled the 05 race and it came up with ones that looked exactly the same with grey lowers like these.

So I am very confused :confused:
They're actually 03 Races. As you said, 04 Races are black (04 Teams are grey) and 05 Races are grey (and 05 teams are black). Definately not 05s, as 05s have different decals, lowers, crowns and staunchions, not to mention travel.

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you sure they are 03, they deffinetely look like it but according to mtbr.com they only come in 7" or 6" and mine are deffinetely 8" I measured it myself.

Last edited:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I stand corrected, i'll change the name and lower the price. Do you know the specs of the 03 boxxer race's by any chance Daver?
HC2 dampening, Rebound adjust (Compression is non adjustable), 7" travel, 6.5 pounds. They were the lightest Boxxer from 03-04, same weight as an 05 World Cup. Bu they had no direct mount options, and have been known to spike- hence why they brought out the 'black box' upgrades (a drilled out rebound shim).