sold.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: XT Groupset
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Upgraded to 10sp
Price and price conditions:$550 plus post
Extra Info:Complete 9sp 770 group. Includes, 175mm cranks, 22/32/42. Raceface BB about 150km on it. 160mm centrelock XT brakeset with disco brakes pads, reservoir covers have a couple of scrapes from a crash. hoses are pretty long, came off a medium 100mm travel dually. Both shifters, Shadow rear mech with BBB rollerboys, hi mount front mech, 2x XT cassettes, 2x chains, KMC and Shimano. 26in XT QR wheelset, centrelock, UST. Both wheels have had ABEC5 bearings put in so they roll very nice. Rear hub is starting to get a little rough but is not that bad and some of the anodising on the rim and nipples is a bit crap. Everything else is in good condition, cranks have no shoe scuffing.
Pictures: Will get some on the weekend once it's all off the bike.

Last edited:

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Photo's. Parts are still on the bike so are a bit dirty. Will take better photo's once parts are off and cleaned.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
Sealed bearing??

Just wondering how you managed to put sealed ABEC5 bearing into XT hubs, which were designed for the specific sized loose balls?
It would be nice conversion if you can tell where you get the kits.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You used to be able to buy the ABEC5 loose balls from DIYMTB.com. Can't find them on the site now but I put them in about 2yrs ago.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will split it all up now, make an offer. Everything has to go to pay for my new wheels I ordered yesterday. Have stripped it all off the bike now and cleaned it all. Jockey wheel bearing have been stripped and lubed, rear hub has been stripped and lubed. I replaced the bearings in the rear hub with some new STD shimano ones I had and it is rolling nicely now. Chainrings are in good nick, cassettes are showing signs of wear but work well with the chains I have. Probably best as something to get you out of trouble as I'm not sure how much life is in them. Brake pads are like new as I only put them in about 100km ago and I also have an IS front mount. Front mech has the spacers to drop it back to 34.9mm if you need them.
Will post up a garage sale for it all tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Last edited:

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've put it all on eBay now. I think the shifters are sitting on $17 with a day or so to go. My username on eBay is jaseh2768 if you want to search for them.