Sold

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Medium Lapierre Spicy 527 Frame & shock + lots of parts
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Went bigger
Price and price conditions: $1400 1200 make me an offer
Extra Info:

8/12/15 UPDATE am keen to move this and can now do so at a good price as well as include a raceface wheelset, new tyres, new lock on grips and an XTR chain only a few rides old, and some Saint pedals, Message me if interested.

Please note some parts not included were still attached when I took these photos, as I wanted to catch the sunlight. It's now completely apart. ONLY THE FOLLOWING are included;
Medium 2014 Lapierre Spicy 527 Frame, virtually spot on 1 year of usage (purchased brand new). Light bike once built up. 650b but can be made 26" by flipping the shock mounts. 142x12 rear axle, press fit BB, tapered headtube. Can also be made a "Zesty" by running 150mm forks instead of 160mm.
Fox Float CTD Performance Series Boost Valve rear shock, has NSD low friction seals (had the hyperformance service) in there
Nukeproof Warhead 760mm width 20mm rise handlebars
Renthal Apex Stem in 50mm
Nukeproof Plasma Stripe Seat (great seat)
Both the factory headset that's installed as well as a Brand New uninstalled NukeProof headset, spacers included
Factory Bottom Bracket
Yellow logo Marshguard

Photo of it built up included, just for aesthetic reference :)

Medium Size, only selling as I went larger - as testament to how good this bike is, I spent a few of months wanting to go larger (no rush as it's realistically not too small for me, I just wanted to try something new out), but didn't have any other bikes (other than Bronson, but I'm not a millionaire) I was interested in because this thing just rides so damn well... so I bought the same thing in large.

Everything is in good condition, only a few expected scuffs.

Internal routing for Reverb stealth, all details as below;
http://www.lapierrebikes.com.au/archives
http://www.bikeradar.com/au/mtb/gea...roduct/review-lapierre-spicy-527-ei-14-47778/
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/lapierre-spicy-team-edition-review.html

Happy to talk $$, but please refrain from extremely basic "what's the lowest you'll go" messages. They're annoying and virtually everyone hates you.
Not splitting unless someone buys the frame/rear shock, so probably best not to bother messaging me. Just comment on here so you get the notification if I comment to say the frames sold. Obviously if you want the frame & shock send me an offer :)
Also, try your best not to ask dumb questions like "what's the geometry" when there's a link to it right there.
Pictures:

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
How tall are you? I tend to float between med/large depending the bike...

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How tall are you? I tend to float between med/large depending the bike...
177, size chart says 178 max.
On the large I've got the Reverb slammed as low as it can go with a 45mm stem to make the bike fit. Suppose it just depends on your style & riding type :)

dk_vinnie

Likes Bikes
Hey mate,

could you please explain how 26" wheels are run on this bike appropriately. I don't really see how the shock mounts can be flipped and can't really find any information on this matter.

Riggs

Likes Dirt
I helped a mate with a shock service on the weekend and came across this scenario with the shock bolt adjustment. It adjusts the geometry to suit a 26" wheel. It's a small bolt at the top of the shock that flips around to switch between 26" and 650B.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate,

could you please explain how 26" wheels are run on this bike appropriately. I don't really see how the shock mounts can be flipped and can't really find any information on this matter.
I helped a mate with a shock service on the weekend and came across this scenario with the shock bolt adjustment. It adjusts the geometry to suit a 26" wheel. It's a small bolt at the top of the shock that flips around to switch between 26" and 650B.
As above :)