VIC sold

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Formula The One Disc brakeset with choice of two rotors.

Location: Preston or Doncaster, VIC. Happy to ship at buyers expense, itll be $15 for most locations.

Item Condition: well used but works fine. There are marks and scratches on the levers and calipers. I kept these as a spare and havent used them for a couple of months but they still work fine. The pads should are at about 50% and a bleed wouldn’t hurt as they havent been bled for a while. Still they are plug and play. I took the little gold knobs on the lever pad adjuster and lost them – you don’t need them and can turn them with a spanner. Some of the metal has a little rust on it (see pics). They are a very lightweight, powerful brake you could use for any riding style.

Reason for selling: Don’t need a spare

Price and price conditions: $140 ono. They cost heaps new

Extra Info: This is them https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Formula-The-One-review-2011.html
The is the top level model with both IRA (Instant Reach Adjustment), a machined-aluminium dial-adjust feature that allows tool-free lever-reach changes; and FCS (Feel Control System) a hydraulic barrel adjustment that sets the system's 'bite point'—the point in the lever travel where the pads contact the rotor.
Hose length is 1600mm rear and 930mm front. They came from a large DH bike so should fit anything.
Rotors options are – Hope floating 185mm, 203mm, 205mm, Hayes 185mm, Avid G3CS 185mm, Shimano XT centrelock 160mm. Choose two.
I also have a little bag with some spares and stickers ill include

Pictures:
20170930_215633.jpg

20170930_215717.jpg

20170930_215646.jpg

20170930_215709.jpg

20170930_215709.jpg

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not interested in buying but question and a free bump - any issues running the hope rotors with the T1s? Due for new rotors and understand some brakes require some shaving of the rotor carrier body/calliper/Mount to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seems to depend on the frame and how you space it - i had two frames where they fit no issue, but not on my current one. I would have had to shave something down or space it out and couldnt be bothered