VIC SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Sorry, to clarify - are you selling the frame with the defect after you have been given a new one under warranty, or are you selling one without the defect ?

Depends on the cake?
Yep dropouts are included. 142 spacing are single speed only, can't run geared. 148 spacing for geared.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i don’t normally like to get involved in the he size/she said but you are selling a frame for $1K which originally retailed at 1099, which can now be never warrantied as santa cruz have effectively taken the serial no out of action & has a smooth defect in the rear triangle.which looks like would b very difficult to get fixed....i don’t see much upside for a potential buyer

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Was thinking the same thing @creaky - didn't think warranty worked like that. BTW, this is a known issue with some 2018 frames, the way that rebate was machined left too little metal at that outer edge per OP's close ups and it was prone to deforming. Brand new frame is $1299 with full warranty and improved geometry.

So are they 142 or 148 included, or both.
Interesting sale of a warranty defect frame, surprising the distributor did not want it returned.
They are both included. It's just what Santa Cruz told me. It's a superficial defect that they were happy to replace.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
This is a really confusing sale.

You are selling a frame that's been "declared busted by SC" and they've given you a new frame already?

Yet the "declared busted by SC" frame is still built up into a bike and you are selling the entire bike too, if needed?

Got any photos of the replacement frame? Is it built up into a bike?

goobags

Likes Dirt
I have bought from Johnny Fu before, he does exist and the condition was as described.

But this is a bit weird. New frame is $1200 or whatever someone quoted, but the dropouts are extra by $100 or so. Still since the frame is technically damaged, it should be a heap cheaper than what it’s on the market for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought from Johnny Fu before, he does exist and the condition was as described.

But this is a bit weird. New frame is $1200 or whatever someone quoted, but the dropouts are extra by $100 or so. Still since the frame is technically damaged, it should be a heap cheaper than what it’s on the market for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for validating Goobags. I assume prices were always negotiable, hence the price? Either way thanks for looking again.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can I share a story?

I have a frame with two superficial cracks on an over engineered shock mount. I have been riding it for a few years now with no change in said cracks.

It was GIVEN to me FREE (by someone on here that I've dealt with before but never met) as it had been replaced under warranty by the manufacturer.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Ok, I was reading the post wrong as well and now I realise the typo...$107.68 and a half packet of TimTams?

Minlak

custom titis
Wtf??? He was totally open and honest about what the frame is and the issues.... everyone then just gangs on pitching their own sales or opinions but not a single serious buyer in the thread. You don’t like his price make an offer. They didn’t want the frame back it’s his to sell and he could have just moved it to someone that wouldn’t have a clue.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Wtf??? He was totally open and honest about what the frame is and the issues.... everyone then just gangs on pitching their own sales or opinions but not a single serious buyer in the thread. You don’t like his price make an offer. They didn’t want the frame back it’s his to sell and he could have just moved it to someone that wouldn’t have a clue.
Nobody is questioning the transparency....

Status
Not open for further replies.