Some forum updates

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thread derailing:
This is becoming a big problem. I'm getting tons of messages a week from people asking me to delete the useless comments some folks are putting in threads. I'm going on the warpath and am going to start banning the usual suspects who keep doing it.
-Keep the threads on topic.
-Report the posts that derail a thread.
-Don't quote the moronic shit and engage a conversation with the post-ee.

Hanging shit on new members:
Is it necessary to rag on every person who signs up? Again, I get messages from people who ask what the fuck I am doing to limit this sort of shit. If you aren't going to welcome the new folks to the site and encourage them to join in without being a bunch of upstart smart arses then don't comment on the posts.

Pointless threads:
Yep, I'm the guy deleting the threads you post that are total junk. Think about the topic you want to discuss and word it in a way that will involve members. Please stop spilling your mind and ideas onto your keyboard, be creative and create threads and topics that are appealing to more than one or two people.

I'm not acting on behalf of the minority here, I am trying to keep the forums organised and have our members come across as interesting and knowledgeable. Please do your bit to keep the site rolling in a positive direction.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Hi Dozer,

Do you have mods you can give power to to assist in your efforts here? I'm a new member and one thing i have noticed which has kind of put me off a little is the time to our posts for new members to hit the forum, i understand the moderated post system for new members to stop any spamming or bots going on a rampage, just wondered if you had enough help to oversee and approve posts for new members as this could be very off putting for new folks.

Jack

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm not acting on behalf of the minority here, I am trying to....... have our members come across as interesting and knowledgeable.
That would be acting for the minority would it not?

Boom King

Hi Dozer,

Do you have mods you can give power to to assist in your efforts here? I'm a new member and one thing i have noticed which has kind of put me off a little is the time to our posts for new members to hit the forum, i understand the moderated post system for new members to stop any spamming or bots going on a rampage, just wondered if you had enough help to oversee and approve posts for new members as this could be very off putting for new folks.

Jack
Yetilyfe seemed to join and post all within a matter of hours, maybe even minutes?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yetilyfe seemed to join and post all within a matter of hours, maybe even minutes?
It's all about when we go in and approve posts. I don't know about Doz but I just approve all, when I remember to do so. If the posts get approved, by chance straight after some one joins/posts it's just luck.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's all about when we go in and approve posts. I don't know about Doz but I just approve all, when I remember to do so. If the posts get approved, by chance straight after some one joins/posts it's just luck.
What he said.

Boom King

Moorey's teaching me the fine art of finding conspiracy in everything.

moorey

call me Mia

Pointless threads:
Yep, I'm the guy deleting the threads you post that are total junk. Think about the topic you want to discuss and word it in a way that will involve members. Please stop spilling your mind and ideas onto your keyboard, be creative and create threads and topics that are appealing to more than one or two people.

I'm not acting on behalf of the minority here, I am trying to keep the forums organised and have our members come across as interesting and knowledgeable. Please do your bit to keep the site rolling in a positive direction.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?299068-Any-takers

Im just sayin.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Thread derailing:
This is becoming a big problem. I'm getting tons of messages a week from people asking me to delete the useless comments some folks are putting in threads. I'm going on the warpath and am going to start banning the usual suspects who keep doing it.
-Keep the threads on topic.
-Report the posts that derail a thread.
-Don't quote the moronic shit and engage a conversation with the post-ee.

Hanging shit on new members:
Is it necessary to rag on every person who signs up? Again, I get messages from people who ask what the fuck I am doing to limit this sort of shit. If you aren't going to welcome the new folks to the site and encourage them to join in without being a bunch of upstart smart arses then don't comment on the posts.

Pointless threads:

Geebus man , you got a 10 yr old pointless thread to use as an example...... :rip: