somebody buy this ideal shuttle rig.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Land-Rover-110-1997/SSE-AD-3796888/?Cr=1
The Army has held onto their Isuzu Diesel engined Landrovers for their amazing no fuss diesel engines for about 30 years, as no brand could make anything as reliable. These 6x6s rarely come up, although I think the army might be dumping tons now. I've never seen one with a turbo. I know you can do it yourself but never seen an Army issue one. It'd still be as slow as a boat, but would be awesome for shuttle days. You could hook up two Army No5 trailers like a train for bikes.
Anyway, my dream might not be shared, but thought I'd posit it anyway. Only 5000kms, these things do 500000 easy(not sure about turboed ones).

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
awesome rig, but be aware that you will need a light rigid truck licence as a minimum to drive it, as the GVM is over 4.5T
damn, i wish i had the space and cash!

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd hit it....
You'd come off second best :p

Unreal shuttle wagon though, could have used that at Greenvalley on the weekend to give the poor auto bus a bit of rest dragging 20 riders bikes and a trailer up the hill

No Skid Marks

I think all the 6x6's are turbo'd standard. The 4x4's aren't
There's another 6x6 for sale with no mention of turbo. You're probably right but.
How many does the stock 4x4 one sit? Is it 8 or 10? Enough still, no fancy license needed?

No Skid Marks

Ahhh snap. Just looked at all the pics. regoed to seat two. pfffft. Fine for privet property. I'm sure old series 3 were regoed to take 8 or 10.
Funny how there's only two seats in front. Seems a bit short sighted.

clockworked

Like an orange
they use around 25L/100km and you sit in a seemingly constant stream of diesel fumes.

That being said, a mate of mine bought one exactly like that one with a trailer to drive around the hilly back blocks of his farm, and it is pretty fun.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Turbo plainly visible in photos. seats 10...bit pricey...
Used to do bulk shuttles in an old petrol series 3 ex-army with a trailer. 8-10 blokes and bikes.
Cost 2,500.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
it is a bit pricey -i should buy it though as club treasurer & get someone to drive me around for Club working bee's..ill dress up like gadaffi--or the pope

Benlow

Likes Bikes
Given the condition, the odometer reading will be the km's done since rebuild. In stock form they're a little sluggish, but the turbo spec motors are literally bombproof - there are guys pushing huge numbers out of basically stock internals with no issues.
I've got the NA 4x4 version, and as a shuttle truck it can't be touched. In low range it will go up any shuttle road smoother and faster than any of the other vehicles at ride days, and carry twice as many riders.IMG_3671.jpg

Last edited:

will2

Likes Dirt
That would be so cool just ripping around hills and shit.

It says it has Power take off lever for the winch. Is it really engine driven?