Something wicked this way comes

j0w1s

Likes Bikes
Getting back into riding after a 15 or so year hiatus. I was originally planning to buy an Ibis Ripley AF (5 months and still waiting), but I came across an Evil Following frame instead.

It’s on its way across the pond and now I am trying to collate parts, which is actually harder than I thought it would be.

Frame - Evil Following XL
Shock - Fox DPS
Fork - Fox 36
Handlebar - We Are One 35mm
Stem - We Are One 45mm
Headset - Cane Creek 40
Grips - ODI Elite Pro
Saddle - Fabric Scoop
Seatpost - Bike Yoke Divine
Brakes - XT
Rotors - Galfer 203mm
Cranks - XT 170mm 32t
Chain - XT 12sp
Pedals - Oneup Composite
Derailleur - XT 11sp GS
Shifter - XT 12sp
Cassette - XT 12sp 10-45
Hubs - Industry Nine 1/1
Rims - DT Swiss EX511 32h
Spokes - Sapim Race
Tyres - Maxxis DHF/DHR
Total weight -

Looking forward to getting this together. My last bike was a rigid steel single speed so I’m pretty sure this thing is going to blow my dick off…

Last edited:

j0w1s

Likes Bikes
Very nice !

I owned the V1 and it was an awesome bike, replaced it with a Santa Cruz Hightower LT and regretted it the whole time I owned the SC.

Is there anybody on this forum not 6'3" tall ???
6'3" exactly.

I initially wanted a Spur or Ripley AF but came across this frame while on waiting lists for both. I like the intentions behind the design and it will be interesting to see how the geo plays out.

Sexy frame and sounds like a very sweet build. Any preferences for the fork?
Going full retard on overbuilding this thing. I just picked up a Fox 36 at 130mm.

j0w1s

Likes Bikes
All the parts are in and I finally have some time on Monday to build this up.

Am I bonkers for not having frame protection? It wasn’t a thing last time I built a bike. Apart from a bit of 3M tape here and there…

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, get frame protection. Whilst it's a mountain bike and it comes with the territory, you'll be pissed when it gets damaged by something you could prevent.

Doesn't have to be full invisiframe but even stand up paddle board tape will provide some defence against damage and some impacts. It's not even expensive either.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
All the parts are in and I finally have some time on Monday to build this up.

Am I bonkers for not having frame protection? It wasn’t a thing last time I built a bike. Apart from a bit of 3M tape here and there…
Probably worth getting a bit of protection. You don’t need full coverage and a kit from All Mountain Protection or something like that will cover most ‘at-risk’ spots