somewhere, someone is having a worse day than you

Flow-Rider

Burner
Dunno why but the whole story sounds a bit odd to me, even so far as to suggest it's a political play by the people who want to get voted in again.
In regards to the kids in the cave, the coach and the family and friends of the diver who died getting back out; I hope the prick thinking this initiation process for these kids to join some shitty club makes him serve jail time. Someone needs to take a fall for it, fucking hero blokes beating their chests being all macho totally shits me and more often than not it goes south and someone ends up looking the fool.
I'm full of praise to all the people involved getting those kids out, what a horrible and hugely dangerous thing to undertake.
No one wants to take responsibility these days, you know the old common sense theme that doesn't exist. History just keeps on repeating itself, when I was at high school a mate's father had drowned trying to save a strangers child that had fallen off of rocks into the ocean.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
History just keeps on repeating itself, when I was at high school a mate's father had drowned trying to save a strangers child that had fallen off of rocks into the ocean.
Far out, thats tough.
Two of our local beaches are separated by a creek that runs with the tide. Its at the end of one beach that is a main parking area and tons of tourists swim at the beach but prefer to swim in the creek mouth thinking it's safer. A lot of people get swept out and drown and most of them are tourists. We had one incident years ago where a person drowned in this spot on a pretty rough day on the sea's, poor guy had no chance. In the wisdom of the local Council lifeguards, they thought it would be better to put a set of flags there and have a patrol for a few hours.................I shit you not, they were rescuing people all fucking day simply because they put them in that spot, fucking idiots. Next day they weren't there and put a message in the local paper saying not to swim there but didn't put any signage on the actual beach to say so. I swim with my dog on the incoming tide in that same spot in summer on the right water level and had to bail two people out that said they swam there the day before 'cause the flags were there. I was so furious, I went to the surf life saving club on the next beach along and tore the lifeguard boss in half, said he was an incompetent tool. I told him I pulled two people out of there just now and the jerk tried to tell me off saying I shouldn't swim there blah blah blah.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I had to laugh, there were two Southern European looking gents (gangsters) in sharp clothes and Sunday driving caps with furious expressions both on their phones and there was obviously the driver of the white car looking terrified and pale as a sheet standing there looking like he was wishing a hole would develop and swallow him up..... which going by my broad generalisation on their appearance could still well eventuate.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Neither of those guys would have actually owned the Murciélago anyway. It'll be some dodgy business lease or something.

This is why flash cars suck anyway...someone can always ruin your day.

scblack

Leucocholic
Neither of those guys would have actually owned the Murciélago anyway. It'll be some dodgy business lease or something.

This is why flash cars suck anyway...someone can always ruin your day.
Cars expensive as a Murcielago are actually more likely to be owned outright. The FBT benefit at a value like that is very minimal. Your garden variety BMW or Merc is much more likely to be leased. This is also played out in the top end of property. $10m harbourfront properties in Sydney have surprisingly much LESS mortgages than our normal priced homes.

I don't understand your reference to "dodgy business lease". Its standard practice to lease cars. My own Amarok is leased by the business, with a Novated lease in place. My Ford Escape was the same when I bought it. Leasing a vehicle is a sensible way to match cash-flows with the vehicle use.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Cars expensive as a Murcielago are actually more likely to be owned outright. The FBT benefit at a value like that is very minimal. Your garden variety BMW or Merc is much more likely to be leased. This is also played out in the top end of property. $10m harbourfront properties in Sydney have surprisingly much LESS mortgages than our normal priced homes.

I don't understand your reference to "dodgy business lease". Its standard practice to lease cars. My own Amarok is leased by the business, with a Novated lease in place. My Ford Escape was the same when I bought it. Leasing a vehicle is a sensible way to match cash-flows with the vehicle use.
Yep, I know lots of people with Novated leases on their cars. Wish I was in a position to do the same!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
You obviously don't dabble in dodgy activities then. Good for you.
Dirty money into a legit business. Deduct 10% for gst ( bet more then some of this is via fresh food businesses so no gst)
Business owner takes 30-40% off the top.
Company buys or leases lambo

Underworld figure is driving a lambo he has no direct connection to. Can't find him on a license plate check. If AFP/ATO come to confiscate, will be registered under federal personal property register to a finance company so protected until ATO drags it through court.

The man taking the dirty money declares the revenue and pays company tax on the profit after lease payments are made.

Underworld figure doesn't care about the taxes, it's about dirty money trails being turned clean.

This also happens for realestate a lot.

Sucks to be an honest person hey? ATO investigators will tell you off the record, it's impossible to chase dirty money, lots easier to chase "us".