South West WA

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Nannup

So I rode the local Nannup trails. A mix of trails from downhill to enduro to freeride. Unbelievable the quality of trails in a small town in rural WA. Such great building techniques by the local guys. Possibly the best agressive trails in WA.
Google Sam Hill Nannup for a taste of the action. I believe he rides here a bit when he's home in Perth. Amazing stuff

discofrank

Likes Dirt
on my list to do...

recently got the WA trail guide soo much i want to ride
just need to make the time AND get the fitness up

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where do you live?
I used to live in Nannup, know of some of the trails there, there was some great short DH type trails close to town. I know of a local artist that works on some of the trails and would know a lot of them (he's probably still there).
If you're into DH then you probably know of the trail which is along the Nannup-Balingup Rd as it is used for racing sometimes.

I never got to exploring further afield but sounds like there are a lot of good ones around Pemberton / Margs. Pile Rd / Collie as well.
The LBS in Margs might have some good info, PMBC people would probably be familiar with the ones further up (Welli Mills, Pile Rd etc).

I'm sure there's quite a few people on Rotorburn from that region of WA who can give you much better advice than me.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Where do you live?
I used to live in Nannup, know of some of the trails there, there was some great short DH type trails close to town. I know of a local artist that works on some of the trails and would know a lot of them (he's probably still there).
If you're into DH then you probably know of the trail which is along the Nannup-Balingup Rd as it is used for racing sometimes.

I never got to exploring further afield but sounds like there are a lot of good ones around Pemberton / Margs. Pile Rd / Collie as well.
The LBS in Margs might have some good info, PMBC people would probably be familiar with the ones further up (Welli Mills, Pile Rd etc).

I'm sure there's quite a few people on Rotorburn from that region of WA who can give you much better advice than me.
Hi
Yeah I rode the DH runs close to town your talking about. We found about 8 tracks in that area. Will look at the track on Balingup rd next trip. Pretty nice country down there. I'm from Bunbury so I'm slowly exploring all the trails in the area.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Late reply but on Facebook (Nannup Community Notice Board) I noticed they're starting a mountain bike club down there in Nannup now. NMBC
Lewis Horne or Rod Laws seem to be the people to get in touch with if you're interested.

Recently I was in touch with a few old friends from out that way it seems like a lot of the local kids are getting into the DH riding these days, it's a shame I don't live down that way any more as I know my 13yr old Son would be keen as well.

Being in Bunbury I guess Pile Rd, Welli Mills etc is probably closer for you for general riding.

Last edited: