Spamageddon part 2

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Please just report it. We've had a few changes made and spammers are creeping in.

matt24

Likes Dirt
2 days ago when i checked 'new posts' the was 4 pages of the same thread. Someone was busy overnight

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fuck me sooo mcuh spam! i liked the fetlife.com spam that was atleast a change from the shoe sales hah

Bodin

GMBC
Keep up the reports everyone!!!

I'm checking reported posts a couple of times a day and removing any and all posts associated with these accounts, along with banning them with the succinct "Eat a dick." message that I think conveys all our thoughts.

Keep up the reports. I look at this like I look at my garage floor - it's a battle I'll never win, but as long as I sweep it regularly, it keeps the place nice.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Considering the level of spam would it be possible to add a spam button next to report post? Even better would be a button similar to the add quote button so it is reported when we navigate away rather than then going to a separate page, reporting as spam, then moving on (or back)? Might be a nightmare for the IT gods but would make it easier to report. Sometimes I just can't be stuffed...

Bodin

GMBC
Well played...
True dat. I LOL'd.

hahahahahahahaha!! Looks like hiew.hap has snuck 3 in at least.
Yeah, but I wonder if anyone's actually buying what they're selling? I mean, do they really think it does their business any good to be prick spammers? I would think it's instant reputation damage. Guess the don't care - going down the "any publicity is good publicity" path... oh well. At least I know it takes less effort for me to ban them and delete their crap than it does for them to create an account and post it in the first place. This is a game I enjoy.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Why well it's spam as mentioned its not something you will ever keep clean. It might last a little while bit someone more will come back in. Spam is on the same lines as a virus as long as there is Internet there will be people to write codes an programs to spam it. We can keep it out fairly well but there are holes and other ways for them to get in eventually.

The mods do a pretty good job keeping this place clean. Good thing is the spammers don't remotely look or sounds real.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Spam attack - Louis Vooton is making to many handbags + why does he think mountain bikers ride with man bags?

Hi Mods, anyway the threads can be totally deleted from the Forum Topics? Yes, spam is always going to be a problem. I think you do a great job as it is, just thought to ask the question.