Spank vibracore 350v359

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone running vibracore rims or wheels? What is the difference between the 2? If I look at spanks site it seems one is 28h and one is 32h? On local sites they are listed both as 32h. Weight difference?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Not running them but I think the 359 is for the rear and 350 for front. Something to do with different rim profiles.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Not running them but I think the 359 is for the rear and 350 for front. Something to do with different rim profiles.

They sell both front and rear 350 and 359 wheels. I did see that set on there site though. I’m only after a front at this stage until my rear hub is here.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Ok found a little more info. 359 have a 19mm profile v 350 with a 17mm profile. I’m now leaning to the 359 for this reason.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have 350’s, albeit the non vibrocore version. Great rims. Very happy with them. Pretty sure my brother has 359’s in non vibrocore and he likes them. Seem to be very strong and hold my 120kg girth really well.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the spank rims, just buy the rims that suit your riding type. I have the spank spike race rims on Hope hubs and they've by far exceeded my expectation by a long shot.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I run a pair of 350 vibracore laced to Hope Pro 4. I got them before the 359 was a thing. The 359 has a bigger profile as stated by others and is designed to be a bit more sturdy. If I replace my rear at some point, I'll do it with a 359.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I run a pair of 350 vibracore laced to Hope Pro 4. I got them before the 359 was a thing. The 359 has a bigger profile as stated by others and is designed to be a bit more sturdy. If I replace my rear at some point, I'll do it with a 359.
Are the 359 more downhill oriented? I’m more interested in trying vibracore rims as I’m a lightweight I’m sure both would be fine. The only reason I was leaning 359 was larger profile/easier tyre install

Boom King

Are the 359 more downhill oriented? I’m more interested in trying vibracore rims as I’m a lightweight I’m sure both would be fine. The only reason I was leaning 359 was larger profile/easier tyre install
If you're lightweight, just go the 350. 359 has the same OD and internal profile as the 350 so tyre install will be the same, it just has a larger profile which offers more longitudinal stiffness.

Scotty675

Cable thief
If you're lightweight, just go the 350. 359 has the same OD and internal profile as the 350 so tyre install will be the same, it just has a larger profile which offers more longitudinal stiffness.
350 wins on price as well. One last stupid question, where does the 2mm in profile height difference come in? I stupidly thought it was the height of the rim valley.

Boom King

350 wins on price as well. One last stupid question, where does the 2mm in profile height difference come in? I stupidly thought it was the height of the rim valley.
It's the overall cross section, from top of sidewall to bottom of spoke hole. So the difference between od and id.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Same set up here for me, I pretty much just stole Boom King's bike. Love the 350's and doubled down on the next set of wheels I built. I have wrecked one, although no fault of the rim or it's durability IMO. I attacked a rock garden like a total pork chop and copped a rock straight to the rim, leaving a sizable dent and flat spot.

Full riding weight I'm probably just under 100kg without the bike, so not a total lightweight either.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve pulled the trigger on a 359vibracore rim and a spank 350 vibracore front wheel. This was my cheapest options and like everything stock in what I wanted was had to find.
Are people using these finding they dampen the trail a little? This is my reason for trying them. Will also be going on a hard tail

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
If your aim is to dampen the trail then this is what I've found to be most to least effective:

Suspension setup > tyre pressure > tyre inserts (Rimpact) > cockpit setup (chunky grips, vibrocore bars, adjusting levers/bars) > rims > getting a dually > riding technique o_O

Scotty675

Cable thief
If your aim is to dampen the trail then this is what I've found to be most to least effective:

Suspension setup > tyre pressure > tyre inserts (Rimpact) > cockpit setup (chunky grips, vibrocore bars, adjusting levers/bars) > rims > getting a dually > riding technique o_O
Ticked all on your list. Run rev grips, vibracore bars (a little better than carbon, I’ve found), suspension is my knees.
Main issue is broke my hand and unfortunately after surgery I’m left with a hand that goes numb and loose grab strength.
Will try anything to smoother the ride. Dually ha they are in the shed collecting dust

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Ticked all on your list. Run rev grips, vibracore bars (a little better than carbon, I’ve found), suspension is my knees.
Main issue is broke my hand and unfortunately after surgery I’m left with a hand that goes numb and loose grab strength.
Will try anything to smoother the ride. Dually ha they are in the shed collecting dust
Ah damn! Sounds like a new bike is in order ;) ha. Hope the new hoops give some reprieve for you

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Perhaps try steepening the angle of your brake levers. Worked for me. I found great relief from numbness by having my wrist in a more open position.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk