Spares for MS Sydney Gong Ride

Hi all,

This will be my first time on this ride this year. Im starting to think of what i should bring in terms of spares. I've got spare tubes and c02 cartridges but what else should I bring? Spare beake pads? Spare chain?

What would others recommend?

Cheers,
toofar.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Mate I think you've got it covered with tubes and co2, just make sure you've got 3 of both, don't worry
about anything else, it's good to see someone actually having a think before they set off ..
Enjoy the ride and don't take it to serious

JT145

Likes Bikes
Couple of tubes, C02, tyre levers and a multi tool.

Done.

It's not that far, and there will be loads of assistance around, you won't have any issue.

John U

MTB Precision
It's also a good idea to have your bike well tuned up before the ride. If you can't do it yourself maybe get a shop to give it a once over before the ride. It's far easier to give it a tune up in the shed with access to all your tools than to attempt it on the side of the road once the ride has started.

wilso1

Likes Bikes
If you're going to get a shop to do the servicing, get in a bit earlier. I know many shops are chockers with servicing once-a-year bikes just ahead of the Gong ride.

As others said, take it easy on the ride. The traffic takes ages to thin out, and there are lots of people who don't normally ride in bunches so don't hold a consistent position very well.

Thanks all =) the bike is in good condition as it was serviced recently and has near new tyres on it =)

Only problem might be the rider lol. Working on that one though.

The gong ride is a great run. Not real hard but just a lot of fun. I did it 10 yrs ago, now I'm riding again I'd like to do it again but I've set my sites on the first two days of the variety 2016.

I had to buy a second hand bike to do the gong ride, it's still my go to roadie!