Spec. P3 or Norco two50

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
Hey, I'm having a hard time deciding between the Specialized P3 and the Norco two50. Both have the parts i want and are single speed. They are around the same price as well. I Love the look of the P3 but i don't really like the two50, mainly due to it being mostly chrome, and it looks weird to me. If i got it, i would change the tires straight away, because well, gray tires??

What do all you think?

Cheers.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely get the 250, the spec list is far superior to the P3.

And, if you don't like the chrome, spend $50 on some spray paint and do a mad ghetto rattlecan jobby.

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
i "dunno" i would have a bit of a hard time chosing as well.. i no the specs are beter in the 250, but then i really like the looks of bikes. and to me well chrome doesn't really appeal to me. so yea , i hope what ever bike you get , you ride it hard

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
Definitely get the 250, the spec list is far superior to the P3.

And, if you don't like the chrome, spend $50 on some spray paint and do a mad ghetto rattlecan jobby.
I have thought of repainting it and it wouldn't be too hard as i have painted my BMX bike and it turned out quite nice. And as for the chrome, it doesn't appeal to me either, though the parts on it are exactly what I'm looking for.

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
but remember , that painting chrome is a whole different ball game.
noraml paint wont stick to it, and sanding it down, wont help, unless you get specific chrome base paint, nothing wil stick. i even had problems, with the chrome base, because the chrome is still under and even the base will come off faily easy. sandblasting is due for chrome, but i woudln't do it.

so yea what can you do

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
I am thinking that the bike would look alright if i put some different tyres on it. I was thinking of putting small block eight on the front, and maybe a K-rad or something similar on the back.

hallsyhoods

Likes Dirt
09 p3 is killer. They've shortened the rear end and lengthend the front to make for an awesome dj/street/park machine. I've had a norco 250 and it sucked, super heavy shit. P3

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking at the 2009 P3 on Saturday and it looked pretty dialed. I've always liked 250's but I would have to choose the p3 from the two. IMO the 250 is pretty ugly this year and with Grey tyres?!

sam705

Likes Dirt
That P3 does look good!

Not a fan of the 250 this year, chromo gets dirty to easily. A lot of maintaining involved.

It's hard, looks for P3, performance for 250.

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
Yeah if i was buying because of looks i would buy the P3 straight away, no hesitation. But parts wise, the 250 wins. I guess it will come down to which bike is at my LBS, or i can get them to order in.

M|ke

Likes Dirt
I saw the 250 at kenmore cycles on saturday and the bike is hideous in real life, if your in brisbane i guess thats a place you could go to test ride one. However i personally think that the people who work there are wankers and useless...i went and asked for a bolt for my seat post which is on my frame and they looked at me like there was no such thing and then tried to sell me a seat clamp.

If it were up to me i would say get the p3 however you seem pretty set on the 250 so good luck with your purchase.

Also why not paint the handle bars, stem and cranks white? That would look 10000X better then the orange.

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
I could do that, like paint the bars,stem and cranks a different colour, or i could leave them orange, and strip the chrome back with a sandblaster or something, and paint the frame like black or another colour that would go with orange/red. Oh and btw, if anyone has a picture of a 250 with black tyres, would love to see it.

Last edited:

Lorday

Eats Squid
IMO both look sick. but each to their own. Is the 250 chrome as in chromed chrome or just chrome coloured? If it was the latter paint stripper would fix it easy.
I honesty can't take a side. Post in up in PYR when you get it.