AM Special-ized #enduro v.3

slowmick

38-39"
Picked up the latest version of my bike last Friday night. With various set back it was at the shop for a couple of months. so far i have ridden it up and down the driveway and covered it in black pvc tape. Hoping to get to the You Yangs on Sunday.

Frame – 2015 Specialized S-work Enduro 650B
Rear shock – Cane Creek Double Barrel Inline
Front shock/fork – 2016 Fox 36 Float 170mm (was supposed to be 160mm but Fox didn't order any in their first shipment)
Handlebars – Renthal Fat Bar Lite 740mm
Stem – Specialized 16° 75mm (maybe)
Headset – came with the frame
Grips – JetBlack Tack Lock on ($5 a set when the local Goldcross closed up - down to my last pair)
Saddle – Specialized Henge 143
Seatpost – Specialized Command Post BlackLite 125mm drop (rebuilt while bike was in the shop)
Brakes – Shimano XT M785 Disc Brake 203/180 rotors (new rear lever. the black fluid that came out suggested they struggled at Buller to stop the fat man)
Cranks – 175mm X0 Carbon with a 30T specialized chain ring found under the workshop bench.
Chainguide – Truvativ X-Guide with half a box of brass washers to space it out for 1 x
Chain – SRAM 1090
Pedals – Shimano DX M647 clipless
Front derailleur – Wouldn’t fit on 650b frame. Was an X0
Rear derailleur – X0 type 1
Front shifter – in a box with the front derailleur and the 2x chainrings
Rear shifter – X0 type 1 (Mechanic didn’t think I needed type 2 with a chain guide)
Cassette – SRAM PG1070 10 Speed 11 - 36
Hubs – Hope Pro 2 EVO 142 x 12 rear, 20 mm front.
Rims – 650b Zelvy 35mm DH Carbon (fat man #enduro spec thanks Greg for the advice)
Spokes – DT Competition spokes & brass nipples
Tyres – 2.5" 650B WTB Breakout TCS Tough, Folding Bead (Fast Rolling Rear, High Grip Front)
Tubes – should get some for my backpack when tubeless goes to poo.
Total weight – me nude + bike clocks the bathroom scales (wife not talking to me)

Enduro v3.jpg

This could almost be the complete collection of everything Moorey hates in a bike. :becky:

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Moorey likes CCDB, Renthal bars, XT brakes and Hope hubs. Needs a few more mods to win the big prize.
i thought, specialized, fox fork, 650b and carbon wheels would get me almost a bingo. maybe if it had avid brakes...

doihoi - i think the dirty white/blue colour scheme is the alternative for the frame only/warranty replacement frames.

ezkaton - the bars could very well be rolled too far forward. the are the 38mm rise ones so they look odd at angles.

thanks debloot. this makes enduro #4 since 2002.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should be good for some more Gravity Enduro action Mick. :)
I'm going to taste the sexfitty B coolaide for 2016.
I'll have to get another Zelvy wheelset or some new rims too. Mine are still putting up with all this fat bastard can do wrong with them.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Will there be another Enduro in your fleet Duane or will you be going with a more realistically priced option? (mine is built up on a warranty replacement frame). will this mean you'll have a bike for each wheel size?

Am hoping to sneak in a few more gravity Enduros. Would also love to get back to Narby when the weather improves.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will there be another Enduro in your fleet Duane or will you be going with a more realistically priced option? (mine is built up on a warranty replacement frame). will this mean you'll have a bike for each wheel size?

Am hoping to sneak in a few more gravity Enduros. Would also love to get back to Narby when the weather improves.
Na, can't afford Specialized Tax, waiting to see 2016 models but 90% Norco Range at this stage. Have a sexfitty Glory DH rig already. Might return the Spesh Enduro to stock and sell it cheap. Need something prior to November for an OS trip though and Norco don't have a good reputation for delivery.

slowmick

38-39"
doi-hoi - last frame was a 2013 s-works carbon 26". i was told the front aluminium shock mount was starting to come loose in the carbon fibre. it looked like the paint finish was cracking but seems it was much more serious. The 2013 was actually a warranty replacement for my 2007 carbon pro frame which developed cracks in the seat post and rocker mount (that's why i refer to her as Version 3).

slowmick

38-39"
Na, can't afford Specialized Tax, waiting to see 2016 models but 90% Norco Range at this stage. Have a sexfitty Glory DH rig already. Might return the Spesh Enduro to stock and sell it cheap. Need something prior to November for an OS trip though and Norco don't have a good reputation for delivery.
Going somewhere exciting overseas? The rise in the prices year on year as been staggering. I get the feeling all the 2016 bikes are going to a shock when they land. I made inquiries about a Giant Glory and was warned that the new models will see a noticeable price increase over this year. :Cry:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going somewhere exciting overseas? The rise in the prices year on year as been staggering. I get the feeling all the 2016 bikes are going to a shock when they land. I made inquiries about a Giant Glory and was warned that the new models will see a noticeable price increase over this year. :Cry:
Nothing huge, a week at Rotorua. Not like a mate who is in Canada for a month. I'm expecting to pay more but there aren't any 2015s left in what I want.