Specialized Butcher

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Item: Just want to try one on the front again. Needs to be 29", 2.5 to 2.6 and TR. Just thought I'd see if someone has one they don't want.
Condition: New or near new. No damage
Reason: Because I can
Price: Less than new posted
Pics: Nah

PJO

in me vL comy
How different is a butcher to a Maxxis Dissector? Tread patterns look very close...
Or am I thinking DHF?

DMan

How different is a butcher to a Maxxis Dissector? Tread patterns look very close...
Or am I thinking DHF?
Good question. Bigger spacing on the side knobs? Butcher is quite similar to a DHF which I'd also look at..... I'm just struggling with the Dissector breaking away so thought I'd try a Butcher as previously I've had them on the front of a few bikes and always liked them.

DMan

As in the drifty bit between the centre and side knobs? DHF does that too.
Maybe a Magic Mary for a more predictable grip?
Yep, that bit. The Butcher didn't seem to have the same problem. Or I could try an Assegai.

PJO

in me vL comy
I also ran the Spec. Eliminator on the front for a year and it was pretty similar to the DHF, maybe slightly less of a transition zone.
I'm back on a DHF at the front at the moment and am quite happy, will wait and see what the drier weather brings...

DMan

I also ran the Spec. Eliminator on the front for a year and it was pretty similar to the DHF, maybe slightly less of a transition zone.
I'm back on a DHF at the front at the moment and am quite happy, will wait and see what the drier weather brings...
Eliminator looks good actually. Also tempted by a Kenda Pinner Pro too....

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
Item: Just want to try one on the front again. Needs to be 29", 2.5 to 2.6 and TR. Just thought I'd see if someone has one they don't want.
Condition: New or near new. No damage
Reason: Because I can
Price: Less than new posted
Pics: Nah
I have a pile of used Specialized tyres with degrees of wear. I can send you the pick of the bunch so you can try it out. If you like then keep it and try for a new one. They are 2.6 and BLK DMND casing.