Specialized Future Shock

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
g'day
im looking at buying a used 2007 specialized enduro expert and it comes with a set of specialized futures forks. I was wondering what these were like

thanks

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
I've got an enduro and changed the forks over to talas 36.The futureshock works fine but beeing a triple clamp fork limits turning circle. You should also pay attention to the stem it comes with since it is the entire upper clamp that needs replacing if it's too short or long. Mine was quite ling and had a fair bit of rise to it so that got fixed up witht he standard set up as well. The bike itself is probably the best/ most verstile bike I've ever ridden. A bit heavy but it does XC, AM, downhill whatever you throw at it as long as the rider and the other bits are strong enough;) DEfinatley get the stem sorted or maybe straight away another set of forks

floody

Wheel size expert
You need to buy the whole top crown.

Personally I would factor fitting a Fox 36 (or 150mm 32), Rockshox Revelation, or similar with associated 15 or 20mm front wheel as part of the cost of buying.

The early E150s had questionable reliability, moreso at near 4 years old and with no warranty to look after them.

It will be a better bike with a 150-160mm aftermarket fox or rockshox fork.

floody

Wheel size expert
Well Avanti still have a lot of old stock of Specialized parts, your quickest option is going to be an Avantiplus shop before the changeover to Specialized Australia... I can't imagine it will be cheap either way.

I wouldn't bother, I would straight up go to a different fork.