Specialized Hardrock

DRUM

Likes Dirt
Hey,
people this is my first post so go easy on me :D

Well basicly my brothers got an like '99 (or somthen) Hardrock... it's light as, and seems quite strong. I quite like this bike even tho its abit out of date.

Now these days im looking for a bike of my own and im seeing quite a few HRs turning up in the for sale section, at very nice prices.

So whats the run down on the Hardrock series? I would like to know everyones oppinions on it's strengths etc. Would this bike go nicely as a DJ , trail riding. You know that sorta stuff.

thanx everyone for taking the time to read this. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
____
NICK

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
welcome to farkin.
have only ridden a cpl of them, but the frames seemed to well made, solid, and felt like they would be good for dj as well as trails.
as with any second hand frame, check it over pretty well before coughing any cash.
also look at other frames as well. theres no point just saying i want this and nothing else as there are heaps of good frames about right now.

AirDog

Likes Dirt
my friend has a hr for sale and it is mad was used for djing and and light urban withstanded the 7' to tranny's and all .
they are great for the price and super light.

DRUM

Likes Dirt
Thanx for the replies so quickly.

LUPINE you said i should look for other frames as well. Could you please recommend anything else supposebly around the 600-800 dollar mark second hard.

also what is the retail pricing for brand new hardrocks these days... just to see how much of a bargain i could be getting?

thanks everyone for your patience :)

later
_____
NICK

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
alot of the kona and norco frames make really jump/trail bikes.
torrent, sasquatch etc depending on frame size. have a look thru the for sale section here. there was a really good deal just done on a crafty rail with good forks.
theres lots out there.

DRUM

Likes Dirt
Yeh, i saw that... its like the bike of my dreams... But im looking for a whole bike... and to add componentry to 700 will equal alot more $$$.

I agree norco is great... especially 125 :) i rid one a couple of days ago, sadly out of my pricerange

thanx
____
NICK

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Hey Drum, I've got a 2003 17" hardrock. Very good nick as its my girlfriends bike. Currently has slicks on it but can change that. Make an offer. They retail for $699? its about 3 months old.

Ps. I'm in rockhampton, but I could send it no worries.

PPs. Would depend on if she lets me of course......

Taken about a month ago. Now has a chich seat and longer stem, could change all that though for you.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
see if schmitty still has the norco for sale. last i heard he was going to part it up, but if you quick, he was asking about $600.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
D'oh. well i'll shut the hell up then :D
i keep thinking i should get a decent HT frame for some of the stuff i have sitting here. i was going to go look for a scab or something. that was going to be for just messing around on.
this from the person who sold his roast a cpl of months ago.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You could probably get somthing like a Norco Ryde for that price. Or you could look second hand for a 125, P1, or somthing simmilar. Do you ride now or would this be your first MTB bike?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Norco Ryde retails for $1100. Nice bike, Mate has one, crap forks and wheels though, you pay for the frame.

DRUM

Likes Dirt
hey Tjumper,

Yes i do ride now, im 14 years old and ive being riding my raliegh for a couple of years now... its a handme down from my bro.. so its about 5 years old :) go SIS componentry! oh yeah its a rigid of course.

I figured when i started getting injured from only 2 -3 foot (edit, i mean Drop) it was time to upgrade :)

haha i just ride my bros hardrock as much as i can.

____
NICK

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like that would be a pretty good bike for you then.
start asking round the shops in your area now, with the new models coming out pretty soon, you might be able to pick up a bit of a deal, either that or ask around here. stick a post in the wanted section, see what happens.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey DRUM we should hook up some time and go fir a ride on Cootha. Are you into DH at all?

DRUM

Likes Dirt
kewl...

thanks lupine youve helped alot!

Tjumper, that sounds cool,, maybe this weekend eh?

____
NICK

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
i have had two hard rocks and now have a p3 , the hard rock is very good bike for jumping , urban and the p3 is good for anything you want to do to it .
if you save more cash get one of the p series ,but if not get the hard rock worth the money .

DRUM

Likes Dirt
Yeh , ive seen your post... only prob is you live in tasmania and ii would not be willing to buy long distance at all... very risky

NICK