Specialized p slope.

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hey all I have had the itch of recent times to get a sort travel play bike.
I have a bmx I ride skate parks with and also have a 24" cruiser I ride bmx tracks and pump tracks with but I feel it is a bit cramped when I ride stuff at pace and feels a bit to twitchy when I hit jumps.
Has any one rode one or has one ?
Just after a bit of feed back on them as p slope review on Google really doesn't give me a hell of a lot.
Cheers.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have two (one stock, and a custom with 34mm 831s).

I find they feel more like a hardtail than some other slope bikes (e.g. killswitch, Ticket S, soda slope), probably due to the leverage ratio on the shock. Great bike, would recommend it to anyone.

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Have two (one stock, and a custom with 34mm 831s).

I find they feel more like a hardtail than some other slope bikes (e.g. killswitch, Ticket S, soda slope), probably due to the leverage ratio on the shock. Great bike, would recommend it to anyone.
Awesome yeah the other bike I was considering was the soda slope. Was going to see what I could get the 2012 one for but the p slope seems better specced.

Will be my first dirt jump mtb, come from a bmx background so a bit new to it all.
Will it still be ok for flow type mtb trails ( not dirt jumps) ?
Or is the rear shock to stiff ?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome yeah the other bike I was considering was the soda slope. Was going to see what I could get the 2012 one for but the p slope seems better specced.

Will be my first dirt jump mtb, come from a bmx background so a bit new to it all.
Will it still be ok for flow type mtb trails ( not dirt jumps) ?
Or is the rear shock to stiff ?
I rode one in Whistler. Struggled due to the braking bumps.

If trails are relatively smooth, it'll go fine. It's perfect at my local: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsmsrE5z4s

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
I rode one in Whistler. Struggled due to the braking bumps.

If trails are relatively smooth, it'll go fine. It's perfect at my local: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsmsrE5z4s
Awesome your local looks fun as all fuck.
Would love to have a rip around that.
What setting do you run your rear shock on ?
Went at looked at one today, I'm deff keen. Haha the only thing is my mate who I dig with said no 26" allowed.lol
Think I will be more comfortable jumping a 26" anyway.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome your local looks fun as all fuck.
Would love to have a rip around that.
What setting do you run your rear shock on ?
Went at looked at one today, I'm deff keen. Haha the only thing is my mate who I dig with said no 26" allowed.lol
Think I will be more comfortable jumping a 26" anyway.
Fun trail, and plenty of P-Slopes around it these days.

Run the shock based on feel; set it to feel like a sensible progressive blow-out for impacts, without much performance over bumps. Basically: run it stiff as hell.

Throw some Maxxix holy rollers on it; good enough grip for most stuff, slick enough not to damage dirt jumps.