Specialized Pitch - What happened to it ?

Exie

Likes Dirt
Hi Folks,

A few years back I was hired an "All Mountain" bike. It was a Pitch. I remember it fondly with super raked out forks.

I mentioned it today to a fellow rider who gave me strange looks. I just checked Specialized's website, anyone know what happened to it ?

wavike

Likes Dirt
It used to sit between the 140mm travel 26 Stumpjumper and longer travel enduro. Think it was bit more of a park/AM type bike. Splesh went to 29ers and only 26er left was the stumpy evo with 150mm travel. The Norco Range or Trek slash might be worth looking at for a Pitch equivalent.

Exie

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys.

Bummer the scratched it. The enduro looks like a better bike I guess, just a sucky name, who came up with that ?! Next thing they'll rename the Demo to the "Downhill".

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys.

Bummer the scratched it. The enduro looks like a better bike I guess, just a sucky name, who came up with that ?! Next thing they'll rename the Demo to the "Downhill".
I think they named the enduro a while before the category existed, like over 12 years ago....

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys.

They already did that back in the late 90s with the SWorks FSR Team Downhill.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
I'm fairly sure they dropped the pitch in '12 and it was the replaced by the camber. I Bought mine in 2008, my first real mountain bike. Too bad they dropped it, that thing could handle anything.. up until the day she finally snapped. If anyone comes across a 2nd hand one I'll tell you now, you won't be disappointed.

sundy

Likes Dirt
No, I don't think the Camber replaced it. It was longer travel than that.
It was basically a cheap version of the Enduro. But it didn't ride like a cheap bike, it was awesome.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
No, I don't think the Camber replaced it. It was longer travel than that.
It was basically a cheap version of the Enduro. But it didn't ride like a cheap bike, it was awesome.
Wasn't their strategy at one point to have cheaper versions of their popular high end bikes? The pitch was a cheaper version of the Enduro and there was something called an XC that was their cheaper version of the Epic.

It gave people an entry point. They seemed to move away from the Pitch when they introduced the Camber as a cheaper entry bike in 2011 using the M4 frame and down spec components (they also dropped the XC at that point). I think they unwittingly hit on a sweet middle ground for trail riding though and have since turned the Camber into a high end trail bike leaving them with now with no dual sus entry point.

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
It gave people an entry point. They seemed to move away from the Pitch when they introduced the Camber as a cheaper entry bike in 2011 using the M4 frame and down spec components (they also dropped the XC at that point).
Yea that was my assumption. I always wanted the enduro but my funds wouldn't permit it at the time so I went for the Pitch, blessing in disguise.
Here's my Pitch in all it's glory
Pitch NVR FGT.jpg
And now,
IMAG0353.jpg