Spectators on tracks

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
As many of us did i to waited impatiently for the start of the last round only to find it was delayed, here is the spectator get a touch to close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CawlnvrIYFQ

I thought i would post to get people thoughts on these types of accidents ive broken a scaphiod this year largely to the fact that people were on the track. I know many people say to just run them over but in reality its not going to help anyone. As majority of people watching the sport usually have some kind of interest in it you would think that they would understand that pinning between trees less than a meter gap with 700mm bars becomes considerably harder with a body in the middle

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have only had one problem when a guy froze when he sore me coming... luckily i missed him... i get really angry at loud horn's too... makes me wanna hit the people

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh been looking for footage of that. The rider is Matt Simmonds and he hit a photographer, who had to be airlifted out.

pozzi

Likes Dirt
I cant really see much but i saw something white get rolled. Im guessing that was the dude? haha he got messed up.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wait until you come flying over a blind drop to find kids running around on the track, oh god i dont know how i avoided those kids and in the wet too

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
Yeah I raced today at Ourimbah and on my first timed run there were 2 chicks (pretty hot though) sitting on an A-line rock drop trying to get a better view of the B line. They didn't know obviously that it was a line and luckily I had enough time to quickly change lines (which I ended up farking up).

I think someone else also had bushwalkers walking up the track at one point.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive had a few problems around once or twice in the Vic Series aswell.
Was at Eildon to be exact.
Pretty sure it was a bunch of boys who descided to stop on the middle of the track to check out lines and leave everyone else waiting with Crappy runs and no full run.
Ticked my abit but luckily only got it once.

I also found it really pore effort on the dude with the Air Horn when Korvarik crashed. Was the video on youtube when he went over the bars.
That really ticked me abit aswell..

Its kinda become a problem. But nothing MAJOR to get ticked off about...

DunCon

Likes Dirt
riding my local once i came accroz a bushwalker walking a pig up the track i was like wtf and went into the bush

tom_burford_orr

Likes Dirt
I was behind my mate the other week when he almost took out a lady on an A-line. And a few hours before a guy almost landed on another riders head on the road gap. I guess after a long day people just get vague.

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
riding my local once i came accroz a bushwalker walking a pig up the track i was like wtf and went into the bush
that was random

at fort william there was some ugly woman running up and down the side of the world cup dh track with 3 border collies off their leads and she kept taking her shirt off. :shudder:

bellto

Likes Dirt
yeah, spectators are good but it is the ones that get in the middle of the track looking for riders coming and then are slow getting out of the way, it is very distracting. also it sucks when people stir up the dust on the track, moreso when it is people that are racing later on, so no one gets a chance to return the favour because your already down the bottom of the track.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
lol who walks pigs up tracks these days:confused:
but i dont understand why people would go on the track like there are dh'ers coming down really fast and it would be better off not being hit by one

browny_5

Likes Dirt
on one of my races i had a car back in and park on the track where it follows beside the track and just look at me through there window as i got closer and closer only option for me off into the bushes and bad luck for me it was my race run

joe