Sponsorship help for Downhill female racer travelling around NZ

julie

Likes Bikes
Hi,

On the 5th of January 2012 I'm leaving for New Zealand to race their 2012 National Downhill Mountain Bike Series during January and February. I will then return to Australia just before the Australian National Mountain Bike Championships which I plan to compete in, at Adelaide. While I am excited and thrilled to travel overseas to experience a new terrain of riding and excel in the sport, I am also in need of sponsorship. Being a female Downhill rider it is very difficult to find companies and businesses willing to provide sponsorship and therefore, I am advertising for any potential and interested sponsors. I am a young lady (24 years old), very passionate about mountain biking and strive for high achievements in Downhill. I have previously been sponcered by Corsair Bikes who helped me compete throughout the 2010/2011 Australian National Mountain Bike Series where I got on the podium many times. Now that I am on a new bike (Devinci Wilson) I am looking for new Sponcors. I would love to hear from interested people or companies whether directly related to mountain biking or not, I am willing to support those that can support me and my riding.

I hope to recieve some interest, but if thats not the case then I hope I have at least encouraged other female riders to get out their and give things a go. I hear New Zealand is an amazing place for mountain biking, so check it out if you can :)

Julie
aus_jools@hotmail.com

Riedy

Likes Dirt
I hope some one can help you out ! This is what the sport needs, more female Australian riders sponsered and riding at the national level/international level

chica

Likes Dirt
Best of luck with your goal Julie and I hope you perform well in NZ.
I'm not able to help with sponsorship but assume you've sent your performance CV to companies that you would like sponsorship from
-maybe contact some of the sponsored guys and girls seek advice on how to get sponsorship or what companies are looking for when it comes to seeking out talent to represent their brand
-many companies plan their budget in advance so sponsorship spend etc is generally done before the new financial year
-can your local club assist?
-what about your local bike shop, maybe they can offer you mech support (when home) and either free or cost price on parts?