[SPOTTED?] [FOUND?] 2009 Giant Glory - Surry Hills, Sydney

-Nath-

Squid
Not sure it's stolen, but my gut says it is.
Dodgy guy was hanging around across the road from my place in Surry Hills - had the bike upside down pretending to work on it for some time while looking around all the time. Have had people ripping off the letter boxes and a couple of break ins over the years with bikes stolen - so a bit suspicious of dodgy types loitering around across the road.

Pictures of the guy with it:
http://imgur.com/a/MDyNy

I dropped by to see if the guy needed help/tools - that's when I saw there was nothing wrong with the bike and his mannerisms were pretty suspect.

Anyhow - if anyone's lost one - this seemed to have some aftermarket bits on the bar ends/handgrips - some sort of alloy. Also had plastic bag on the seat. Looked like the chain had been in red dust (or was starting to go rusty - but looked more like red dust from a ride).

The guy didn't seem the type to have such an expensive downhill bike - and his dodgy mate was waiting in a car around the corner - I have the licence plate so figured if someone needed to track 'em down - have that to go off. Just thought I'd throw the info out there in case someone is missing their wheels.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Good job, I've been meaning to get a photo of this guy since I spotted him riding up the alley behind my house. I can confirm that this guy definitely doesn't look he belongs on a bike of that calibre. I'll keep an eye on him and try get some better snaps. I've spotted him around the housing commission in Redfern on Morehead St (I think)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Good job, saw the post on reddit. Certainly dodgy behaviour. If it is stolen, hopefully it finds its way back to its owner soon.

Masher

Cannon Fodder
This bloke is dodgy as hell man, this is the kind of thing crimestoppers eats up. No doubt in my mind the bike it stolen and he is probably a heap of other stuff. If you can be bothered hit up the website its quick and you can even do it anonymously. Your gut feeling is usually right about these kind of things. Who knows your house might be next an it could be the perfect start the coppers need and the difference between getting your stuff returned and never seeing it again.