Sprained wrist recover time

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
Sprained my wrist in a low speed crash about at week ago now.
Think it was only a mild sprain, as there was no real swellng and general movement returned in only a few days, although it still does hurt on the pinky side when twisting.
Problem is, I still can't ride with it, as when I put any force through it(I tried doing a few bunny hops) the pain was severe.
Physio said it should clear up in a week, but it doesn't even seem to be getting slightly better anymore.
Anyone have any idea when I should be able to ride downhill again? any similar experiences?

Thanks

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Sprained my wrist in a low speed crash about at week ago now.
Think it was only a mild sprain, as there was no real swellng and general movement returned in only a few days, although it still does hurt on the pinky side when twisting.
Problem is, I still can't ride with it, as when I put any force through it(I tried doing a few bunny hops) the pain was severe.
Physio said it should clear up in a week, but it doesn't even seem to be getting slightly better anymore.
Anyone have any idea when I should be able to ride downhill again? any similar experiences?

Thanks
I'd be tempted to get an xray before asking here no? How do you know it's not a hairline fracture or something?

fphmtb

Likes Bikes
Went to physio and they felt around and didn't seem to think there was a fracture.
No operation would be needed for a hairline fracture would it?
It might just really slow down recovery time

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Went to physio and they felt around and didn't seem to think there was a fracture.

No, but you could still require a cast or it to be immobilised. I'd be tempted to rule it out with an Xray though. If that's all clear then it's time unfortunately. I'm not a doctor mind you.... I'd go see one.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Could have done a scaphoid..... Tricky little bugger to diagnose and repair. It's a small bone in the wrist, at the base of the thumb, with the worst blood supply of any bone in the body.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Could have done a scaphoid..... Tricky little bugger to diagnose and repair. It's a small bone in the wrist, at the base of the thumb, with the worst blood supply of any bone in the body.
Prick of a bone... mine took just under 2 years to stop hurting after initial healing was completed.

tojo

Likes Bikes
allow 6 weeks as a minimum. From my experience wrists take ages to fully heal. Especially if you continue to ride.