SRAM Guide RS Brakes - Lever slow to return

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
thanks for the reply guys, sadly i cant find the receipt / I bought the bike on sale while on holiday in New Zealand.
I might see my local bike shop and see what i can do, so far the Xt's have been good but i miss the modulation of the Sram's.
The serial numbers on the callipers will tell you the year they were made. Look at the first number after the 'T' in the serial number. A 6 means 2016, 7 is 2017 etc. A 6 or 7 and you're good to go, provided you can find a LBS to help you. Failing that, replacing the internals is a fairly simple process - Link might be able to help you out.

Minlak

custom titis
Chances are they'll have the issue.
Ride it for a few months, and then warranty them when you have a few busy weekends. Took a couple of weeks for the front, rear was done at the shop within 24h (internal routed rear)
So I pulled the levers in and they go strait to the handle bars and then take forever to return. So either a bad bleed from factory or they will need fixing. So I spoke to the bike shop and they are just gunna send them away get them replaced with current models and go from there. Just don't have the money to spend on Hopes at the moment and reports are when they are working these brakes work well.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So I pulled the levers in and they go strait to the handle bars and then take forever to return. So either a bad bleed from factory or they will need fixing. So I spoke to the bike shop and they are just gunna send them away get them replaced with current models and go from there. Just don't have the money to spend on Hopes at the moment and reports are when they are working these brakes work well.
Persevere with them mate, the warranty fix is legit. The old internals (plunger mainly) swell and bind in the lever bore. Being from Bundaberg you'll be more prone to the issue; mine failed over a hot Brisbane summer in the garage. The new plunger/piston is a different shape and has a slightly smaller OD. Haven't heard of anyone having had problems with them since having the guts replaced (apart from needing an annual bleed).