Sram gx 10s 46tooth

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hey guys.
firstly. If this has been brought up before please direct me to the right thread. I looked and searched but had no joy hence the post.

okay.
so my young bloke decided to make my life easier and get me a 46t sunrace cassette 10s. Issue is the sram gx won’t take anything greater than a 40t at best. Has anyone used the cage extenders you can get or the hanger extended to make a 46t work? Or am I better off getting an 11s derailleur and chucking that on. Keen to hear what folks have done. It’s on a giant trance. And yes my little legs get tired hence the 46t. Goes to a 1x set up with 32t chain ring.
Appreciate any help or info.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes, buy a derailleur hanger extender from ebay or wherever.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1x-Moun...hash=item3d8a7c65bf:m:mwUR7L1eqFKdmAs6acH0PPw

Currently using one on a Shimano 105 Hydro disc road setup to allow me to run an 11spd Sunrace 11-42 on the rear... road groups have less clearance. I just bikepacked the Mawson on this bike... needed the extra span for hills with a loaded bike.

If you search ebay, it throws up a million of these extenders, make sure you buy the CNC'd ones, not the cast crap. I bought 3 of the ones I have listed above. They are decent quality.