SRAM X0 Barrel Adjuster

camzh

Likes Dirt
Hi All,
I need a new barrel adjuster for my X0 Shifter.
I believe it is from around 2011.
Only a 9speed.
I've had a look around and I can find older ones, and newer ones, but the newer ones are all 10Speed.

Anyone know the proper part number? or where to find it ?
Had a look on the SRAM site and I can't find the exploded diagrams posted in the XX thread :(

moorey

call me Mia
Has it got a thread about 5-6mm, or more like 10mm? I have spare shifters I don't want to split, but if its the smaller one, should be easy to find (and mine are same as some X7 and most X9). If the larger, it took me ages to find one, and relied on the generousity of a RB'er with a broken shifter (love you MTBcrash:third:)

camzh

Likes Dirt
It's on the smaller side. about 5mm
I've had a look at some other shifters I have on other bikes and it looks like the thread on the X0 is very coarse.

I've found ones on ebay that look right, but these others look about right, but arent.

moorey

call me Mia
It's on the smaller side. about 5mm
I've had a look at some other shifters I have on other bikes and it looks like the thread on the X0 is very coarse.

I've found ones on ebay that look right, but these others look about right, but arent.
I see......
The only difference I found was the wire/spring than gave the XO 'click', but I'm no expert. Worst case scenario, can lend you a spare until you find one.

camzh

Likes Dirt
I think I might have some luck here...

I found this:
x0 shifter.jpg

And this shifter looks right.
But the part listing which says 07-09 confuses me !

I have some M6x1 bolts and threaded rod at home, so I can test to see if thats the size.

moorey

call me Mia
I think I might have some luck here...

I found this:
View attachment 262134

And this shifter looks right.
But the part listing which says 07-09 confuses me !

I have some M6x1 bolts and threaded rod at home, so I can test to see if thats the size.
Mine was the '1b'...real bugger to find. I reckon the 1a will be a dime a dozen. I can't see the thread changing, but will eat a dick if wrong.:behindsofa:

ChopSticks

Banned
LOL
eat a dick first Moorey :p

shoot me a PM and we'll work something out

edit: I work in the CBD so can always meet somewhere for you to pick up

camzh

Likes Dirt
So I checked out the M6 screws that I had to see if the thread was M6.
And it fits !
And I thought... Why dont I just drill a hole in the screw and this can be the adjuster ??
So I did :)

IMAG0418.jpgIMAG0419.jpgIMAG0421.jpg

It's not perfect, but its much better than a busted barrel adjuster.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Loctite :)

Hey, its just a ghetto fix til i get the right thing...
Its no water in the forks...