SRAM's Wireless Eagle and Dropper

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sounds expensive... cleaning off an AXS rear derailleur on a rock would reduce a man to tears.

Got XTR Di2 on my Evil and if I ever smashed the rear mech, I would probably go back to a cable setup.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Good that it’s only DUB compatible. That’ll make 1,254% improvement on efficiency.
And make it -1234% more attractive to a cynical buying audience. Sram can eat a bag of dicks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you tried tweaking the multi-shift up to the "very fast" setting? It's almost too bloody fast, unless you're really, really on the ball and let go of the button fast enough it overshifts a couple of gears! (unless it runs out of gears first).

At the launch of road eTap a few years ago, I was told that SRAM deliberately slowed the shift speed due to the small independent batteries; it was necessary to give decent run time off a charge. The result was shithouse performance....... Di2 might still have wires, but it shits all over eTap in every other regard.
I have no doubt you know more about it than me, but.

In my experience, individual shifts are quick and clean. The process of holding the shift down for a second to change multiple gears would be a deal breaker on my mtb.

I bought this bike as it was a good deal at the time and was certainly curious about di2. Shifting works a treat on wide open roads, tight ST, I have my doubts

goose_007

Likes Dirt
Battery life would be my biggest concern. Until either sram or Shimano I come up with wireless shifting with a mini dyno in the jockey wheels to charge batteries I’ll stick with my Di2

madstace

Likes Dirt
Pinion need to sort out trigger shift first.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I was saying this over a year ago, but it seems now everyone has accepted it's a shortcoming o_O

As for AXS, definitely an interesting release. The lack of cables is pretty sexy but if there's any hint of lag then it's a no-go. Also still not keen on electronics on the MTB in general. Being in tech, sometimes it's nice to get away from it and not worry about another device to charge.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
interesting article on he use of axs or gravel, viewer reckons 1x for gravel will be almost a thing of he past, esp as people are chewing through chains/cassettes/ and users tend to go for 1 bike to do road/commute.gravel. though i still don’t see why people need something approaching a 50t for gravel, if i’m going that fast i’m generally on the brakes going down
gravel axs stats
he shows graphs showing which gear he was in the most, quite a nice plot but just shows you might as well SS in the 19t and save 2K on the groupset for other things

Mattyp

Cows go boing
just shows you might as well SS in the 19t and save 2K on the groupset for other things
View attachment 366462
except the time spent in 19T is less than time spent in all the other gears combined.....obviously, like when i drive my car it mostly sits in 6th on the freeway, but i wouldnt get rid of the other 5 gears as it would basically suck everywhere else.