st ives pipeline track

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
Can anybody tell me about the st ives pipeline track?
ie whats it like (fun/shit)
what style is it (dh/ freeride/ xc)
how do i find it?
thanx guys

Last edited:

fatkat

Likes Dirt
Drop in Drew said:
hey guys i've got a day off tomorrow (26/1/5) like most and i'm trying to find a track to ride..... is has to be in sydney not too far out.
not oxford falls nor red hill, but that style.
pennant hills maybe, st ives,
can someone tell me about the pipeline track in st ives.
anyway any help will be appreciated
pipeline track? i know of cascades but i dont know if thats what you are referring too.. there is some nice singletrack that takes u all the back down from the top of cascades, pretty techy!

Benana

Likes Dirt
well st ives cascades is pretty much the only track there, im preety sure but yeah its a awsome track

ask SIC ( st ives cycles ) for details

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
yes cos i live next to it on the frenchs forest side :)

its pretty bad, ok fire trail but not much fun. gotta watch tho: if you want to cross at the creek/river at the bottom (i think its middle harbour creek or summat) the bridge is down so you have to backtrack. from st ives, you cant cross, from frenchs forest side u can cross, but its uphill walking track all the way to st ives. (of course you could do this in reverse but it is not reccomended)
id say it fits into XC trail, big wide track not very interesting

a much better option is to look into the garigal N.P tracks which are much better

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
I rode pipeline track today. On the left hand side is a fire trail which is quite steep and has large water bars (jumps) Althought fun this track is hardly worth the ride back up. On the way back up i noticed a track which went under the pipeline (large underpass cut out) this leads to a tight twisty track which heads dh (which is heaps of fun). After that we found another track on the left heading back down the hill off the main trail, its alright but has those stupid steps and is quite slow and technical. It leads down to the water. The bad thing about this track is u have to walk ur bike back up. Anyway just thought i'd tie up losse ends.
I think we should start a section on farkin about trails where u post locations and rating etc....

Gary

Squid
I ended up doing the pipeline as well this evening - yep, not worth the walk back up - so I decided to cross the river and ended up cutting through the bush to get to a suitable crossing site - so if you saw a poor sod carrying a mango coloured FSR over and under logs for about 3km's that was me - next time (if I ever do that track again) I'll just get wet and go straight across. The walk up to Davidson on the other side is just as painful :mad:
Cheers
Gary

Isnt the DH single trail track on the Right Hand side of the Pipes, as ya head downhill?

Also remeber when riding the single trails around there, if your first down the trail (as in Drew) to watch out for spider hazards.

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
my mistake rh side it is.
Ha i think i ate a st cross spider!
i wasn't looking forward to finding out what spider web tasted like.