Stanchions

Adi

It's my birthday!
Hey guys,

What is the difference between silver and gold stanchions on EXR Bombers?

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
they have gold ones. well on the boxxers WC they have gold nitrate stancheions and they are buttery smooth which is so good when you like plushness in your foeks and they look good.. but i haven't seen the exr's with gold legs.but i'll have a look.

Ty

Eats Squid
the EXRs is just a hard ano finish, nothing like the ti nitrate on the world cups, you can't get worldcups with the ti nitrate anymore (unless you buy a santa cruz) they found that it can flake off (how do they get telfon to stick to the frying pan type issues) and quality controll stuff so now they have some "slippery sliver" stuff which is ment to be pretty smooth.

also look out for boxxers with RED stantions, they are apart of the new romic kit. no details yet.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
no the first guy asked what the differace was. i just put some ramdom crap in there for the sake of a post. but yeah i noticed that they ere a little differant to last years ones.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Maybe RockShox should go and have a chat to Ohlins. Apart from making the best suspension components in the world, they've also been doing Ti-Ni coatings on motorcycle fork legs for a while now, kinda like these:

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My guess is the gold coloured stantions are just like the standard Bomber stantions and the silver ones are low end steel or non anodised OEM model stantions. Just a guess though.

aussie

Division One
ty thats the bomb you dont know what thay are worth do you ???

also now that we are on the topic whats the go with the stain that apers on boxxers ????

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutty said:
My guess is the gold coloured stantions are just like the standard Bomber stantions and the silver ones are low end steel or non anodised OEM model stantions. Just a guess though.
good guess gutty! :wink:

Adi

It's my birthday!
Okay so would it cost me extra if i asked the dudes at the shop to put the ones with the gold stanchions on?

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Insane said:
Okay so would it cost me extra if i asked the dudes at the shop to put the ones with the gold stanchions on?
the gold ones are old, they don't use them any more, the "slippery silver" legs are rockshox current flavor of the month... Very expensive, very pointless...

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kalem said:
Insane said:
the gold ones are old, they don't use them any more, the "slippery silver" legs are rockshox current flavor of the month... Very expensive, very pointless...
ahem, Kalem, he's talking about the EXR bombers.......

Ty

Eats Squid
sorry, no info on the red stantions, team honda/turner are/were testing them at the sea otter with the rest of the romic, internal/external boxxer upgrade (note the crowns are also different) word on the street says with the romic kit you can ungrade your Boxxer race to better than world cup model standards, i bet it's not cheap.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A quote from Jared on HCOR/Transcend who won JuniorX at Sea Otter i believe.

"While i was talking to one of the Romic guys he let me cruise around on a fork with the red stanchions(although i was actually testing the new internals) It was the smoothest feeling boxxer ever! Way better than any ti-nitride or slippery silver i've ever felt."

aussie

Division One
i ment the one that has happend on poeples here it looks like thay are wet but when you touch them thay are dry all so thay feel smooter were the stain is

S.

ex offender
Gutty said:
A quote from Jared on HCOR/Transcend who won JuniorX at Sea Otter i believe.

"While i was talking to one of the Romic guys he let me cruise around on a fork with the red stanchions(although i was actually testing the new internals) It was the smoothest feeling boxxer ever! Way better than any ti-nitride or slippery silver i've ever felt."
I find it hard to believe that staunchions could make THAT much difference...