Stanchions

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Gutty said:
A quote from Jared on HCOR/Transcend who won JuniorX at Sea Otter i believe.

"While i was talking to one of the Romic guys he let me cruise around on a fork with the red stanchions(although i was actually testing the new internals) It was the smoothest feeling boxxer ever! Way better than any ti-nitride or slippery silver i've ever felt."
I find it hard to believe that staunchions could make THAT much difference...
You, Myself and Joe Blogs prolly couldn't tell the difference.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Socket said:
Gutty said:
A quote from Jared on HCOR/Transcend who won JuniorX at Sea Otter i believe.

"While i was talking to one of the Romic guys he let me cruise around on a fork with the red stanchions(although i was actually testing the new internals) It was the smoothest feeling boxxer ever! Way better than any ti-nitride or slippery silver i've ever felt."
I find it hard to believe that staunchions could make THAT much difference...
Bearing in mind that those boxxers were also running completely different internals, which is probably more what he was getting at.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutty said:
kalem said:
Insane said:
Okay so would it cost me extra if i asked the dudes at the shop to put the ones with the gold stanchions on?
the gold ones are old, they don't use them any more, the "slippery silver" legs are rockshox current flavor of the month... Very expensive, very pointless...
ahem, Kalem, he's talking about the EXR bombers.......
oh yeah well, LOOK OUT!! BEHIND YOU!! hehe quick getaway...

Adi

It's my birthday!
kalem said:
Gutty said:
kalem said:
Insane said:
Okay so would it cost me extra if i asked the dudes at the shop to put the ones with the gold stanchions on?
the gold ones are old, they don't use them any more, the "slippery silver" legs are rockshox current flavor of the month... Very expensive, very pointless...
ahem, Kalem, he's talking about the EXR bombers.......
oh yeah well, LOOK OUT!! BEHIND YOU!! hehe quick getaway...
What are you trying to say :?

xxsethsxx

Likes Bikes
I bought my Boxxer slightly used, and one stanchion is a different color from the other. Its not obvious but if you take a look, you can def. see a difference. I wonder if the previous owner crashed and took it out. He also changed it to 2001 internals first before selling.... getting suspicious :?