Rear hub - Hope Pro 3
Front rim - Hope Fortus 35
Rear rim - Hope Fortus 35
Spokes - Hope
Nipples - Hope brass
Tyres - Front DHRII 2.8 Rear Dissector 2.6
Tubes - Tubeless
Total weight - 14.7

I've always wanted a steel framed bike, so I ordered a Stanton Slackline frame and fork in May last year. I decided to go with the Reynolds tubing and an iridescent evergreen paint job. The original plan was to do a frame swap with my commencal meta ht, but 6 months of waiting allowed me to purchase all the bits I really wanted and build up a kinda dream bike. It took a while to find all the parts and I'm still looking for a 170mm XT crankset to complete it.

I've only ridden it twice, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. The fork is also new to me, having never tried coil before.

Attachments

Cosh

Likes Bikes
Bit of an update on the stanton. I've spent the last few months trying to get used to the short reach compared to previous bikes, but I've never felt totally comfortable. It dawned on me one day that Stanton's geo is measured with the fork sagged, so I should have sized up.

The ride is awesome compared to my previous aluminium meta hardtail and I'll probably get another steel frame in the future, when it doesn't take 6 months to get an off the shelf frame made.

The other bike I had my eye on when I was looking for another hardtail was the banshee paradox. Wouldn't you know it, the Australian distributor had one frame left in Raw. PYR coming soon!

goobags

Likes Dirt
What the difference in reach sagged vs static? Just out of curiosity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosh

Likes Bikes
I think it was about 25mm. Enough to stuff up my sizing, as I'm usually between sizes