AM Stanton Switchback

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Agree with the others - lovely bike, stunning photography.

Tell me more about the choice of Turbine Nitro hubs...where did you hear about them?

donny70

Likes Dirt
Agree with the others - lovely bike, stunning photography.

Tell me more about the choice of Turbine Nitro hubs...where did you hear about them?
The turbine hubs used to be available separately but I believe they're only available through the progress brand now. Thought I'd list them just in case.

I have another set of wheels with progress xcd rims that are fairly straight after 6 years of trashing. So they hold up well even with the light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donny70

Likes Dirt
Also. If anyone is thinking of using iLink cable it better to cover it with heatshrink first. Way less hassle to install and keeps it clean.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Lovely build.

I'm starting a very similar colour scheme Scout. I'd convinced myself to use a spare set of XT brakes instead of buying new Hopes. Then I saw this...

donny70

Likes Dirt
Lovely build.

I'm starting a very similar colour scheme Scout. I'd convinced myself to use a spare set of XT brakes instead of buying new Hopes. Then I saw this...
I'm a hope tragic. Just love the feel of them

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Third time back into this thread, just keep on scrolling up-down-up-down through those pics.

I hope you make that bike proud, you have a lot to live up to.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That is a stunner. Have you posted it on Pink bikes Sexiest hardtail thread yet? They will wet them selves over this lovely! Could even see this one being nominated for hardtail of the year!

donny70

Likes Dirt
That is a stunner. Have you posted it on Pink bikes Sexiest hardtail thread yet? They will wet them selves over this lovely! Could even see this one being nominated for hardtail of the year!
Hadn't thought to. I will though

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
I'm a hope tragic. Just love the feel of them

Yep, there's a reason the XT's are my spare brakes. I've already got the orange Hope stem, headset, rotors and 35W wheels. Was hoping to make do without the brakes...