State Downhill at The You Yangs

DOM

Eats Squid
“State Downhill at the You Yangs"
The Victorian State Downhill will be run at the You Yangs on the 8th and 9th April.
Rego and practice on Saturday from 11.00am till 4.00pm. Sunday, rego from 9.00am till 10.30am and practice from 9.00am till 11.30am. Entry cost $60 and a day licence for non MTBA members $15. Transport is available on both days
Please note that no parking is allowed at the top on Greater Circle Drive as well as at the finish line.”

Thanks Adam for the info

Last edited:

GladiatoR

Likes Bikes
I've got a few questions, would it be possible for me to come down and give the dslr a workout or do you need a media pass or something similar? Photos would be used for personal use as this is the type of photographer I want to get good at and hopefully some time turn pro. If so, am I allowed pretty much anywhere on the track thats out of the way or what?

Kind regards Joe.

Aaronman

Likes Dirt
your aloud

hey man off course your aloud to take photos their no one cares cause htey want photos of them of the race so if you do take photos post em up on farkin

cheers Aaron

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
come along and take all the pics you possibly can. people on here will love you for it. no resctrictions on access! see you there.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Anyone know if the pallet drop is still included in the track? I heard at the last race that they were taking it out.:confused:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Harder Nox said:
im hearing rumours that the race is on a new track?? true or false?
Ive been told it wont be ready in time, but they are working on a new track.

trav

Likes Dirt
The race will be run on the same track ,pallet drop is still there and is'nt going anywhere the new track under construction is'nt a DH track .That will be quiet a while off being even thougt about.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
And that's the end of those rumors....
On another note, I can't wait. I'm all pumped up from Barjarg. Hopefully I can get my bike together by then. I should do. Hope to see all you guys there. Also, If the shuttle times are anything like last time, it will be an exelent weekend. They were so good last time. I don't thikn I waited more than 10minutes. Ever. Hmmm, I'v got myself all exited about it now. Better go lie down...

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
need anyone to help out i just broke my leg so there will be no riding for me, ill probs be able to drive by the race weekend but ill be happy to do anything else, who should i contact or should i just rock up on the day and go to rego???

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your keen to help out, contact Mark Barends on 0407 433 682. I'm sure that the organisers would love to have you or anyone else helping out. These events are run by volenteers. So they really do need people to give up a small amount of time to help make it all run smoothly.

Sam

Octane_Matty

Likes Dirt
Last time youies had a race it was awesome to see how much effort GMBC put into the race...the shuttles were FAST, i bareley had time to take a drink!

the new track is not developed at all and probably shouldnt be riden till its complete

cant wait to see you all there :D

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Duff_Man said:
need anyone to help out i just broke my leg so there will be no riding for me, ill probs be able to drive by the race weekend but ill be happy to do anything else, who should i contact or should i just rock up on the day and go to rego???

shit dude, what did you do? fall out of bed or something??

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
Ok, i think ill just speak to him on the day as i dont know what my plans are as of yet.

not much really chuck, just got me leg caught between my crank arm and frame as i went over the bars and snap she went, broke the fibular, some gay little bone in the back of me leg.

TomMc

Likes Dirt
Duff_Man said:
best bet would be to ring mark barends on 0418337202
i'm sure they could find somting for you to do because volenteers are always in short supply
EDIT: or just rock up at rego