NSW State Forests

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Need some guidance ...

firstly I have no idea how state forests are run so apologies if my terminology or questions aren't great.

Trying to find out how to get information on what company is operating in a particular State Forest ... unsure if they are a lease holder or permit holder etc etc ie unsure how State Forests work. Or is there a NSW Govt point of contact ??? link please
Other recommended Govt depts to approach to build support (tourism ?) looking for specific staff contacts where possible

Context
I want to approach the operator within a State Forest (again unsure if this is the best avenue) ... to negotiate access

I have a long term view ie understand it wont happen over night ... appreciate any pointers ... looking at @T-Rex ... you are the only one I know off on here that may have been part of negotiation(s) to gain access to state forest ...

If you can PM or better email alan(at)linksports.com .... au ... I'd greatly appreciate discussing. (apologies if I'm slow to respond to PM, not on regularly these days)

thanks
Al

T-Rex

Template denier
Need some guidance ...

firstly I have no idea how state forests are run so apologies if my terminology or questions aren't great.

Trying to find out how to get information on what company is operating in a particular State Forest ... unsure if they are a lease holder or permit holder etc etc ie unsure how State Forests work. Or is there a NSW Govt point of contact ??? link please
Other recommended Govt depts to approach to build support (tourism ?) looking for specific staff contacts where possible

Context
I want to approach the operator within a State Forest (again unsure if this is the best avenue) ... to negotiate access

I have a long term view ie understand it wont happen over night ... appreciate any pointers ... looking at @T-Rex ... you are the only one I know off on here that may have been part of negotiation(s) to gain access to state forest ...

If you can PM or better email alan(at)linksports.com .... au ... I'd greatly appreciate discussing. (apologies if I'm slow to respond to PM, not on regularly these days)

thanks
Al
Talking about Ourimbah @ Nerf Herder ? When I was on the committee we already had the access in place. Might be best to contact the current commitee and find out who they currently deal with

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The short story is that its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.
Mountain Biking and engagement with land managers is WAAAAY past this early 2000's thinking.

I'd try and contact the two Project Officers identified in their Recreation and Tourism Policy - Both are easily found on LinkedIN
Kathy Lyons
Louise Faulkner

Be sure to use wording in your proposition which aligns with their identified goals and objectives.

Failing this, I'll ask a few contacts in Parks NSW

creaky

XMAS Plumper

You got a serious lack of imagination.
Also, whether you agree with it or not, state forests have a range of users that are worth considering for an area you might want to build trails in.
Needs more banjo

• Love
Reactions: Zaf