State of trails in Vic post rain Nov/Dec 2017?

puffmoike

Likes Dirt
Have a boys weekend planned for the coming weekend (9-10 December). Was planning to head to Bright, Buller or Buxton, but wondering how the recent rains have affected trails.

What’s closed? What’s open but should be left to dry out?

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Mystic MTB Park (Bright) is open again tomorrow morning. Most of it should be fine by next weekend (will be a few puddles and some spots on hero will be greasy).

Buller is having their opening weekend next weekend, so I would imagine that it should be all good as well.

Both Buller and Bright drauin pretty well and have soil(& rocks) that holds up pretty well to rain.

Buxton would be the one least likely to be ok by next weekend as it is a bit different soil to bright and buller.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
yep do Yak & skip buxton..both buller & bright got pretty big rain, its not going to nbe a hot week so not huge drying winds seem mild-mod

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Falls Creek is also on offer, so could have dried out OK. If anyone rides Bright during the week a trail report before the weekend would be much appreciated. Especially for World Cup and Mystic.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Its gonna be cool and showery this week so not sure if Falls will be dry enough?
Yeah, those high speed sections of Flowtown could be a bit sketchy. Buller is looking like the best bet. Pity Beauty isn't on the (shuttle) menu, it holds up better than most places up there.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Mystic will and Hero will have closures during the week for tree clearing, Mystic is open, but there are still a couple of trails closed, as long as there are no more big sky waters, should be good for the weekend. Buxton will be munted until we get some decent dry winds. It's very moisture sensitive, so stay out is the best advice. Falls should be okay by the weekend, water runs down hill and the trails ride okay in the snow. Big Hill in Mt Beauty should hold up well too.

Bright could be an issue unless you have a dinghy to get there.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Turns out Big Hill is on the menu after all. A company I've never heard of called "Energise Adventures" are running shuttles on Sat. I don't mind pedalling up that hill, but I'd rather smash out at least 10 runs and ride every (decent) track on the map... Good to see some competition for Blue Dirt and more options for the riders. I wonder if either of them will now feel compelled to help out with some trail maintenance?

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Turns out Big Hill is on the menu after all. A company I've never heard of called "Energise Adventures" are running shuttles on Sat. I don't mind pedalling up that hill, but I'd rather smash out at least 10 runs and ride every (decent) track on the map... Good to see some competition for Blue Dirt and more options for the riders. I wonder if either of them will now feel compelled to help out with some trail maintenance?
Ash from Energise is a quality fellow who had already come out to trail maintenance days in Bright.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Ash from Energise is a quality fellow who had already come out to trail maintenance days in Bright.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Absolutely excellent service provided by Ash on Saturday, he even took us up to the very top of the really long track that starts way above the bike park. Great to see an operator putting back into the trails.