State Series filming.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey guys,
I am planning on filming all the State Series, including Champs, so I need some feedback from everyone involved. Whether you are a rider, organiser, fellow filmer or photographer, sponsor or spectator, your opinion is needed!

Just a quick question, would you guys like a web series, this would involve me uploading a 5-10 minute segment for each race to the web on a monthly basis, about a week after the race is over...
OR
A full length movie, with a free version online and a small fee for a hard copy in Full HD suitable for HD TVs. I haven't done anything like this, and it will depend on whether I can or can't pull it off.

I know if worst comes to worst, a web series will be my last resort, I am more then capable of doing such a thing.
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions or need further info, please ask away!

AND, if you haven't seen any of my work before, check these 3 links for further viewing:
http://www.vimeo.com/tybowmaker/videos
http://downhilldomination.pinkbike.com/channel/2010/
http://downhilldomination.pinkbike.com/channel/2009/

I think that just about covers it all, so PLEASE give me some feedback, should ahve organised this a bit earlier, but I have already organised a lot. Regardless of what I do this State Series, I hope it's a good one for you all!

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

Last edited:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
yeah, i think it gives the riders something to look forward to after each race without having to wait till the end of the series, you could still do the dvd thing just at the end when they are all complete

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Web series for sure, i used to love looking forward to the mtbcut world cup round segments after every race.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
web series with extra footage on dvd?
I am thinkign at this stage, webseries, and just collaborate the whole webseries and put on a DVD (with some added extras, so you are getting somethign out of paying a small cash fee. ;)).

Web series for sure, i used to love looking forward to the mtbcut world cup round segments after every race.
Hopefuly you will all have soemthing to look forward to then!

scblack

Leucocholic
Webseries, I don't get to many state rounds any more, would love to see a summary for each round. Not sure I would bother buying, even for a nominal fee, a DVD of state races.

Tye

Likes Dirt
I reckon a good idea would be to make small 1-2 minute teasers after each race, then a full length dvd after the series.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Sounds awesome. I can (i think) link to the NSWMTB site too when, or if, I finally get time to sort it out

Mitch.Pierias

Likes Dirt
Webseries.
That way your costs of music loyalties and DVD production will be kept to minimum.
Use your sponsors to cover traveling costs and with the web series your sponsors get the amount of rounds times two in advertisement (if you mention them at start and end) as apposed to being mentioned three times in a DVD Production.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Webseries.
That way your costs of music loyalties and DVD production will be kept to minimum.
Use your sponsors to cover traveling costs and with the web series your sponsors get the amount of rounds times two in advertisement (if you mention them at start and end) as apposed to being mentioned three times in a DVD Production.
Yeah, and perhaps an extras and out takes edition once it is all wrapped up.
Sponsors, I hear you say Mitch... yes, my parents.

nedless

Squid
Yer tye thats siik the web series is definately good. Matt West did one of the South Aus state rounds and premiered it at a cinema during the national champs it was soo good he did like rider profiles aswell as each round so that was pretty cool. but good luck with it hope to see u out there filming :D

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best thing i can think of is a 10 min web series on each race, then collaborate them all together into a DVD to sell at the end of the year... Who knows, you might even be able to get a contract to sell the DVD's in the AMB magazine?

bishi2516

Likes Dirt
yeah Tye defiantly web-series then sell a full length dvd on them all at the end,, ill be up to buy it if im in it haha

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Steve has asked me put the race calendar for the DH State Series up on our website (www.rockytrailentertainment.com). We will link results, photos and your videos too. Will you only film DH or 4X and DS as well. In Thredbo and Stromlo all 3 are on the same weekend so maybe a good opportunity to do them all if you are keen.

caddy

Likes Dirt
Webseries little man! That way hopefully everyone can enjoy me crashing at every round :p baha

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Webseries little man! That way hopefully everyone can enjoy me crashing at every round :p baha
You're back? Thought you sold your bike?

Steve has asked me put the race calendar for the DH State Series up on our website (www.rockytrailentertainment.com). We will link results, photos and your videos too. Will you only film DH or 4X and DS as well. In Thredbo and Stromlo all 3 are on the same weekend so maybe a good opportunity to do them all if you are keen.
Sweet as! I will only be filming DH, with Michael McClean filming every 4X round.