Status of East Kowen and Sparrow Hill

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
I'm going to be in Canberra next weekend and plan to ride at East Kowen and Sparrow Hill and I want to know if all the trails are open and if any logging has closed any parts off.
Any information regarding trail status will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

moman

Likes Dirt
Have a look at the corc site. Was there a week and a half ago and sparrow was all open but east kowen was shut for tree thinning.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
East Kowen is CLOSED for now...

East Kowen is totally closed due to logging operations. This will remain the case for about a month.

The Kowalskis and Paul Cole have been working hard the past couple of months to uncover trails affected by the thinning (which is most of them). We expect to have nearly all of them done over the next few weeks... well ahead of time to be ready for the Kowalski Classic single track marathon

When Parks Conservation and Land give us the go ahead for trails to open, we will post to our Facebook page

In the meantime, Sparrow Hill is open for business and riding brilliantly. The outer loop (including tough titties, Kips Canyon, Out and Back) runs to about 32km. Add Meatballs, Home Run, Big Wednesday and Creek Run for about 36. Then repeat for a good amount of single track.

Cheers
Des

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the update Des, looking forward to tearing up Sparrow in the morning with a group of mates then taking my two little boys for a ride around Bruce Ridge in the afternoon.

morgs

morgs
East Kowen is open from this weekend!

Hopefully a final track clearing session this Saturday, but from tomorrow PCL have granted access for riding again. So go ride and help clear the pine needles! And if you bump into the Kowalski's on the lower trails help to drag some logs off perhaps, any help is appreciated.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I rode out there on the weekend, the west side of Sparrow is now blocked off, all the stuff in the red shape I've drawn on this map appears to be gone or in the process of being logged. Bummed.
sparrow-5-Nov-2018.jpg

Scotty T

Walks the walk
All tracks apparently back open according to signs out there, we rode this stuff, everything on the right of Seismic Rd where my track meets in the middle is in wasteland, it was holding a lot more puddles than in the forest, and the erosion has made it a bit gravelly.
Kowen-24-Nov-18.jpg