Status.....

e-man

Likes Dirt
Hay guys, havent really posted up my rides for a little while but recently built up my latest creation....enjoy, it rides as good asd it looks for 16.35kg.

The frame is basicaly using shimano drivetrain and avid brakes, i swear by this combo has always worked for me and now with a new set off boxxer world cups and k9 industries 425lb rear spring which works amazingly, enjoy fellas. sorry id put the specs up mut meh haha

ride2.jpg418489_3163311329119_1455435063_3161169_1052573348_n.jpg425405_3163305168965_1455435063_3161162_1130389424_n.jpgride.jpgIMG_0898.jpg

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wicked looking frames! Only heard good things about them, i know a mate of mine is keen on one, so i may even get to ride one ;) have fun on it man!

driftking

Wheel size expert
That looks wicked sick!

Should see a lot of these in OZ in the next year or two I reckon/hope.
What is the price on this fellas as a build?
It will be interesting to see how this bike picks up with the likes of the glory's low build well to be honest been quite poor compared to previous years, It also seems to be almost a perfect starter bike as a smaller brother of the demo but very capable of doing all the same things. Id bet we will see alot of newbies jumping on the status wagon if their prices fit.

OP, nice bike, have you kept a van on the rear of did you up it to a RC4?
If so how does the K9 spring go for clearance, my current ti spring rubs on the body more than I would like.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Dont know what angles these things are running but this bike shows that a 'second tier' bike can be built into a nice, light race rig. tempting...

does it come as a frame only?

e-man

Likes Dirt
The bike rides amazingly, on youtube theres a link with curtis keene and brad benedict racing on these in the american dh season. I've had no issues with the k9 industries spring, I have ordered the bushes to go with it but apart from that its about 125 grams lighter than the standard 500lb spring.

In terms off handleling it seem you gotta push the bike hard and it corners like nothing I've ever been on, oversteers if anything. I'ts basically a simpler demo with all the advantages off FSR.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
does it come as a frame only?
Would like to know this as well, but I'm assuming you can as it's the red and black one? Also in a review they did on this bike, they said the back end felt a bit flexy, however it could of been due to the stock wheel on it.

I reckon 135 x 10 spacing is fine, the demo had that for years (plus I can just swap everything of my old bighit), just wondering if you have had any problems with yours?

sorry to bother you with questions, but seriously considering getting a frame. :)

e-man

Likes Dirt
Would like to know this as well, but I'm assuming you can as it's the red and black one? Also in a review they did on this bike, they said the back end felt a bit flexy, however it could of been due to the stock wheel on it.

I reckon 135 x 10 spacing is fine, the demo had that for years (plus I can just swap everything of my old bighit), just wondering if you have had any problems with yours?

sorry to bother you with questions, but seriously considering getting a frame. :)
hay mate theres 2 models of status and then this one that sells frame only, it has the fox van rc shock in the rear as the up grade, I'am pretty happy with how the rear end feels and I'm only running a dt swiss quick release through axle.