-Misjudged first double.
-Crashed into tree on landing
-Broke wrist
-Broke ribs
-Rode out
-Drove all the way home to Mornington
-Had shower
-Went Frankghanistan hospital
-Triage nurse saw my injuries and put me in wheelchair then bed and neck brace.
-lay there for hours.
-X-rays confirmed above injuries
-Went home
-Realised I could not ride for a while.
-Cried

Moral of the story is, if you are going to ride technical stuff by yourself and crash. Make sure you have a shower on the way to hospital as it would suck to lie there in your stanking bike gear for hours.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wise words.

Took her for her maiden voyage tonight. It pedals very well and I was surprised at how easily it cranked up Pine Climb. It also made Fall Line feel like it was semi-rideable in its current state.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Wise words.

Took her for her maiden voyage tonight. It pedals very well and I was surprised at how easily it cranked up Pine Climb. It also made Fall Line feel like it was semi-rideable in its current state.
Is Fall Line still 85% braking bumps?

Ideate

It's a long story.

What do you want pictures of? Meatloaf?
Yes, pictures of YOU on this beast... or pictures with massive hipster bokeh on graffitied city brick wall landscapes. Or close ups of your fork knobs..

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Moral of the story is, if you are going to ride technical stuff by yourself and crash. Make sure you have a shower on the way to hospital as it would suck to lie there in your stanking bike gear for hours.
fell off my bike and split my knee.
tried to drive home for a shower but felt like i would pass about half way home - went straight to the er.
they decided to transfer me to another hospital to be knocked out and have the trail removed from inside my knee.
Still in my riding gear, still looking like a cinnamon donut.
Fell off on Saturday, surgery Saturday night, the only bit of me that was clean was the bit under the brace. everything else was still covered in dirt and sweat. got wet towel to clean myself on Sunday but didn't get a shower till i went home on Tuesday afternoon.
very crusty.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fell off my bike and split my knee.
tried to drive home for a shower but felt like i would pass about half way home - went straight to the er.
they decided to transfer me to another hospital to be knocked out and have the trail removed from inside my knee.
Still in my riding gear, still looking like a cinnamon donut.
Fell off on Saturday, surgery Saturday night, the only bit of me that was clean was the bit under the brace. everything else was still covered in dirt and sweat. got wet towel to clean myself on Sunday but didn't get a shower till i went home on Tuesday afternoon.
very crusty.
See what I mean.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Added glamour shot for Ideate. Will hopefully have some more after Buller this weekend.

They will either be here or in the crash pics thread.