Steel regret

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I reckon the different materials do have slightly different feel, but ultimately it all comes down to the frame construction and builder's skills. It's amazing how good the aluminium frames are getting though.
Yeah nah don't get me wrong I'm a believer of materials. I just rekon on mtbs there is a lot less to notice. There is a lot going on like geometry, tyres, fork, post length, seat angle and all that it all plays a role in the feel. I just rekon a lot more of it is not frame material especially if you are running low psi fatish tyres.

On a gravel drop bar bike, for sure the materials matter and for that I rekon a well designed double butted steel frame is hard to beat.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
:D for sure. Those hydroformed dedacciai tubes certainly were dreamy back in 2009.
That reminds me of my steel regret, a first gen Kona Sutra with unpronounceable italian steel tubing. Sigh.

It's a good thing I could salve the scar with Lynskey Titanium...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I could go as far as saying I’d happily only ride steel bikes from here until the end.

My steel HT is awesome and the Kona Sutra LTD I had was probably the best bike I ever owned, I regret selling that everyday

Provided there are bikes available, I might re-enter the dual suspension realm later this year on a steel version
Similar story here. The steel Kona Rove I had was probably the best all round bike I've ever owned. Shouldn't have sold it.