steer tube length.

does this question

• dont understand :?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would 2003 JRT2 forks(that came on a norco drop) that were then moved to a P3 would fit on a Kona Stinky?
so im asking would the steer tube be too short to fit on a stinky that came from a P3 hardtail.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
definately... norcos have reasonably long steerer tubes so the forks should fit... it's just a matter of whether you may need a shorter drop top crown...

Rik

logged out
It depends, some companies change head tube length for different sized bikes, and also headset stack height, and stem clamp height will be variables to consider too.

If this for the '04 stinky in your avatar? If so, the JrT's wouldn't be much better than the current DO's

lotec

Banned
the jrt2s are on my bike he wants to buy and im not taking them off to measure as its a wtb headset thats a BASTARD to get back together if you dont know whats your doing which unfortunatly i dont i think you might need 6 hands..............

S.

ex offender
lotecsiriusconcept said:
the jrt2s are on my bike he wants to buy and im not taking them off to measure as its a wtb headset thats a BASTARD to get back together if you dont know whats your doing which unfortunatly i dont i think you might need 6 hands..............
You don't need to take them off to measure. Just measure from the top of the lower crown, to the top of the stem, then subtract a couple of mm, and you'll have a rough idea.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lotecsiriusconcept said:

No offence here dude, but if you want to sell your forks, would it really be so hard just to take it out and measure it... That way you have the length for anyone else that might need to know aswell..

lotec

Banned
im not selling my forks im selling whole bike and he wants to put the forks on his other bike when he buys it 8)

lotec

Banned
its cooooooool and thanks for the tip jays but if i was just selling forks id go wrip the bitch apart and measure it i did it b4 to change the forks on the p.3 i just didnt think to measure sorry but yea it'll fit in a stinky