Steve Peat is God!

Sam.

Eats Squid
Correct, Sammy is still in front for World Cup points. World Champs is all about the fastest man down on that day, has nothing to do with the series.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Sweet! I had it in my head that you got points for the world champs as well as the medals. AT least Hill can still win the overall.

indica

Serial flasher
Rennie - wow, Kovarik - no flats - wow, Rando and Bryn - wow, Delfs - massive one hander, Graves - double wow, Mick - 0.69 down wow, Hill - good work but maybe the demo would have been a better choice?

Duckman

Likes Bikes
im so stoked for peaty, im actually english (live in aus now) and im super stoked for peaty to be honest if it wasent for him winning it i really wanted rennie to win it, the crowd would have had a mass orgasm if he did i think ;)

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good on Peaty. He can now retire a happy man.
Stoked for Mick aswell, 3rd place is a great effort.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Cancel the D11 for tomorrow.......

Thankfully a proper DH rig won, otherwise it would have been a Cat D11 on that hill at first light tomorrow morning ripping that track forever more.

Congrats to Peaty and commiserations to those who didn't watch it live....you missed the best ever......:p

HARDTAIL_DC

Likes Dirt
Good on you peaty, congratulations! Good to see that some aussies did well too.

Also when I was looking through the results their was a few guys from Hong Kong! I didn't think they even rode mountain bikes there, let alone race at World Champs level! Good on them too...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Well done Peaty! No longer the bridesmaid. Minaar was so close to taking it too. Was great to be able to watch the freecaster coverage. Definitely a 'heart in your mouth' race.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
All I heard about stomlo peddle peddle peddle.The only bit sor was the bottom bit and that looked more like technique to keep your speed up.Go,s to show that the true pro,s are the ones that dont winge and just get on with the job.OWESOME RUN MICK

chrisjack4

Likes Dirt
worlds

How ironic that the track he hated so much last year has given him the title that has eluded him for so long,great race well done Peaty

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Cant go past Shaun O'Conner's effort in the juniors.

Well done to Peaty and all the Aussies. Is this the last world cup round?

Bodin

GMBC
1st and 2nd (full 10 inch downhill bikes, coil shocks without lockouts and tripple crowns)
Thankfully a proper DH rig won
Rotors used by Peaty were 160mm front and 140mm rear. Also used a semi-slick 2.35" rear tyre. Still reckon it was a "proper DH rig"?

Who really gives a sh*t about the bike anyway? It was the worlds and this sport couldn't have a better champion. Minaar was also a very graceful second place. Both blokes were happy to have photos taken with me and my mates. I love this sport.

Captain Sensible

Likes Dirt
All I heard about stomlo peddle peddle peddle.The only bit sor was the bottom bit and that looked more like technique to keep your speed up.Go,s to show that the true pro,s are the ones that dont winge and just get on with the job.OWESOME RUN MICK
You turnip, watch Steve Peat rant about how unworthy the Stromlo track is just before his race. It's on Freecaster.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Rotors used by Peaty were 160mm front and 140mm rear. Also used a semi-slick 2.35" rear tyre. Still reckon it was a "proper DH rig"?

Who really gives a sh*t about the bike anyway? It was the worlds and this sport couldn't have a better champion. Minaar was also a very graceful second place. Both blokes were happy to have photos taken with me and my mates. I love this sport.
Hey Dik, at least it wasn't some 6" trailbike rig......their setup proves they were hardcore :rolleyes: