Stinky extension plates

bazza

look at me
i know you can buy these and im sure theres a topic buried deep inside these archives, somewhere....the search came up with to many articles but this ones different my friends. this one is asking for the sizes of these plates and dimensions so i can make one up. if anyone could offer me these measurements, preferable a profession....cough cough GRIP or someone over the age of 18. just to make sure they are accurate. thanks laddes, btw any other info would be great. im too poor to pay 300 bucks for 2 pieces of metal.

AirDog

Likes Dirt
ohh yes please i'll be in on this one .. someone post some plans :) has to be cheaper to get the local cnc's to mkae em up

Adi

It's my birthday!
I think to get them 6.5 or 7 inches of travel you'd also have to buy a 24 inch rear rim.

bazza

look at me
but there isone where you can get it without having to reduce to the 24 inch, that would be better :D :D im just after the 6 not the 6.5 or 7 one, im too poor to get a 24 inch wheel as well, unless someone would swap :D.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4261
Alternatively....
Have you considered a longer stroke shock? By the time you get the plates made up and buy a heavier spring to handle the increased leverage you could well be $300 poorer.
Downhill direct have Shockworks BR shocks with your choice of prog. rate spring for $200. They're 200mm eye to eye , 58mm stroke, rebound and compression adjust. The only catch is you will have to get bushes made to suit the Stinky. Sell your old shock to lessen the pain or keep it as a spare.
The Dangerboy plates look pretty sweet , but... :D

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
I'm playing it safe and getting my plates from dangerboycnc.com. I'll be posting a review on them when i get them next week and once i've had some ride time on them. Good luck finding the info you're searching for.

Dan