Stinky monster

safreek

Just got the stinky today, with the monsters that I have been chasing.
Very basic photos ( if they.load,) until tomorrow. The frame is a bit of a mess but seems functional.

More importantly the monsters seem to be in great shape except for the paint is crap. Stanchions are fine and seem to slide well.
More info after sleepy time

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is good to see this is finally happening. Looks like you have a lot of adjustment on the forks too, if you really want to lay back.

safreek

It is good to see this is finally happening. Looks like you have a lot of adjustment on the forks too, if you really want to lay back.
yeah its started, now have a left crank that will hold a pedal. went to the dump recycle centre and came across an old frame with truvativ cranks on it, fuck me its 175 same as the old one. Hang on I said to myself a win, 5 bucks later I am the proud owner of the frame. Off I go to the bikeshop and expect some bb mismatch but no perfect fit.
One is a hussefelt and one is a blaze but who cares I am up and running.
brake problem has been fixed with the addition of 2 rubberbands stopping the levers popping out all the time, they work but don't really inspire a feeling of safety, plans are for some of those helix brakes if they are even slightly usable. Got four sets of old shimano brakes that I thought I could use but unfortunately they all came off hardtails
the shock (dhx) seems to work and hold air so there is a bonus, thought that would be fucked for sure, nother win for me
the bike is the heavy as fuck, sure they melt lead into the frames, heaviest bike I can remember owning including the cove, even with the wheels off the thing weighs a ton and it doesn't seem to be coming from the front. be interesting to know what the frame alone weighs. Am hoping the frame turns into a prophet in the near future ( hint, sell me a dale frame, make an old man happy)
will post photo of the rubberbands soon ha

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That Helix tomfoolery was put to be yeah? They will just be another ongoing pain in the arse for you. Grab the shimano as per all the advice given elsewhere.

If it is about putting some colour on the bike there are other ways to go about it.

Do you have enough rubber bands to make squishy grips?

safreek

That Helix tomfoolery was put to be yeah? They will just be another ongoing pain in the arse for you. Grab the shimano as per all the advice given elsewhere.

If it is about putting some colour on the bike there are other ways to go about it.

Do you have enough rubber bands to make squishy grips?
Yeah, the helix idea is gone, sadly,.because apparently they are shit but their colour was good, that almost had me
You are right though, colour is easy to add, check out the flashy rubber bands, one green for style points and one.red for faster braking, both sides match
IMG_20180116_150937.jpg

stirk

Burner
Safreek is a masochistic and likes to ride a heavy bike with a slight brake application via rubber bands.

Good to see it's worked out for you, some wins are always nice.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Groupe Sportif is your best bet for frame bearing/bush kits.

If yours is a 2006-2009 Stinky then I may be getting a kit but only needing a few parts from it if you want only certain parts also

safreek

Safreek is a masochistic and likes to ride a heavy bike with a slight brake application via rubber bands.

Good to see it's worked out for you, some wins are always nice.
Well yes, yes I am, but seriously the bands are just big enough to hold the.levers in place without brake application, cool as
Going to tape the bands today as I can see them breaking with a bit of hand friction.
I am stoked the whole bike works, brakes were the worst part.
Frame is heavy as fuck, wheels are even heavier, how good does life get.
Win for safreek all around.
Still want the frame to turn into a prophet by some miracle

safreek

Groupe Sportif is your best bet for frame bearing/bush kits.

If yours is a 2006-2009 Stinky then I may be getting a kit but only needing a few parts from it if you want only certain parts also
I have no idea what year the bike is from, judging by weight probs from the iron age, he he. Don't know if I need bearing and such as I have only taken it for a buzz down the stairs at home and it seems OK, to be honest I am still fondling my monster and haven't given to much attention to the rest of it

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I have no idea what year the bike is from, judging by weight probs from the iron age, he he. Don't know if I need bearing and such as I have only taken it for a buzz down the stairs at home and it seems OK, to be honest I am still fondling my monster and haven't given to much attention to the rest of it
From that photo it looks like an earlier one. If you do decide to pull the frame apart and notice some bits need replacing ...

Cheapest decent bearings I could find for mine was $60 for a set (diymtb), and the complete kit from Kona Aus is $110 (price may be a little different since yours uses slightly different bearings and kit)

This may also be of use to you:
http://www.groupesportif.com/vault/li/schematics.pdf

Nice looking monster ;)

safreek

From that photo it looks like an earlier one. If you do decide to pull the frame apart and notice some bits need replacing ...

Cheapest decent bearings I could find for mine was $60 for a set (diymtb), and the complete kit from Kona Aus is $110 (price may be a little different since yours uses slightly different bearings and kit)

This may also be of use to you:
http://www.groupesportif.com/vault/li/schematics.pdf

Nice looking monster ;)
Thanks for the info, if I can't find a frame for the forks I will have to repaint the stinky one, if I do that I would replace bearings and such

safreek

looks like a 2001-2005 stinky to me. is there a paint colour under the black?
Seems like it is stripped of paint, shitty black spraypaint. At least it prob means that its not stolen, no thief would bother to strip it before repainting, I have been guessing its from when the fork came.out. shall check fork date a bit later but am guessing 02 or 03