Stolen Banshee Bikes - Demo Models - Melbourne, VIC

Ge , thats a pretty poor attitude . Excuse me if i have this wrong, but you are either a mtb importer , distributor <shop > and you have had a bike stolen . A member of the general public has bought this stolen bike in-good faith , then finds out that the bike is stolen goods . The person then contacts you and informs you that they have your property . They inform you that they payed $400 for the bike and your response is , that you will meet them half way $200 . Ok so your out of pocket of $200 and the good samaritan is out of pocket $200 . If it had been me that had come across the bike i would have told you to go jump with a $200 offer . Possession is 9/10 of the law . It was you own stupidity that the bike was stolen . Now the bike in question , at fist glance it looks like a norco torrent and one the second hand market you would expect to pay $500/ $700 so if you are not up on current specks you could be forgiven for thinking it was just another mtb . Just say the bike had gone to a pawn broker and the broker payed $400 for the bike . The bike after being purchased by the broker comes up as stolen through there goods register , then the police are called . The police then call you and you have to waste your time going down to the brokers to id your property . So then the bike sits at the police station for 6 months ore so until the matter goes to court . Then you go to court and waste another day going to and from court . The outcome would be that you would have to reimburse the pawn broker the $400 that they had outlaid for your property.
I think your attitude is poor and would only make people reluctant to return goods that they have bought in good faith and later find out are stolen .
Also how much money has this person saved you in higher insurance premiums ??? The quick recovery of the bike has also saved you a lot of stress and time ,what value do you put on your time ? $200 , the rear meck is worth more !
There's a thing called common sense.

A guy rocks up to you on the street and asks you if you want to buy a bike. Chances are you know it's stolen but being the greedy prick you are, you decide to take advantage of someone else's misfortune.

That's not what I would call buying a bike in good faith.

Common sense would tell you the bike is stolen. If you really wanted a second hand bike you'd look around on ebay or the trading post etc. Not your local crack head on the corner.

And you call Ken's attitude poor? He could have paid them nothing, had the police near buy to arrest the dude for purchasing stolen goods and had him charged. But instead he decided to offer the bloke $200 for buying back something which he already owned.

You're an absolute clown.

And use paragraph spacing next time, makes it a lot easier to read.

mtb_biker

Likes Bikes
Ge , thats a pretty poor attitude . Excuse me if i have this wrong, but you are either a mtb importer , distributor <shop > and you have had a bike stolen . A member of the general public has bought this stolen bike in-good faith , then finds out that the bike is stolen goods . The person then contacts you and informs you that they have your property . They inform you that they payed $400 for the bike and your response is , that you will meet them half way $200 . Ok so your out of pocket of $200 and the good samaritan is out of pocket $200 . If it had been me that had come across the bike i would have told you to go jump with a $200 offer . Possession is 9/10 of the law . It was you own stupidity that the bike was stolen . Now the bike in question , at fist glance it looks like a norco torrent and one the second hand market you would expect to pay $500/ $700 so if you are not up on current specks you could be forgiven for thinking it was just another mtb . Just say the bike had gone to a pawn broker and the broker payed $400 for the bike . The bike after being purchased by the broker comes up as stolen through there goods register , then the police are called . The police then call you and you have to waste your time going down to the brokers to id your property . So then the bike sits at the police station for 6 months ore so until the matter goes to court . Then you go to court and waste another day going to and from court . The outcome would be that you would have to reimburse the pawn broker the $400 that they had outlaid for your property.
I think your attitude is poor and would only make people reluctant to return goods that they have bought in good faith and later find out are stolen .
Also how much money has this person saved you in higher insurance premiums ??? The quick recovery of the bike has also saved you a lot of stress and time ,what value do you put on your time ? $200 , the rear meck is worth more !

The guy knew it was stolen.

He should not only get the $200 reward, but tell the guy he bought it from that he wants his money back because it was stolen or it will be reported to the police.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Hah, the guy didn't buy it in good faith...he bought it for himself and knew it was stolen, he bought it from a "junkie"....although this was the final story, the orginal one from his brother was "he bought it from a mate who steals bikes".

Posession is 9/10 of the law? Wow, you have been watching too much CSI or Law and order. It is my bike, I am the sole distributor of the bike and products on it. I can unequivably prove that it is my bike, there have already been police reports filed, etc. etc. Posession only counts if you have no proof it is yours...eg. you go up to a guy and say "thats my car", when he has all his stuff in there, his name is on the registration and on the pink slip.

And you would tell me to go jump off a cliff with a $200 offer? Hah, well that is a sure fire way to get a visit from the cops you don't need.

Anyway I still find the behaviour of our "good samaritins" fishy, their story changed. They were extremely adept to me fishing for information and let on no details. They always called with private numbers.

To top this off, I just got a note under my home door this morning on a metcard from December: "HEARD U WHERE LOOKING 4 A BIKE GOOD LUCK HAHA RICH DOG6"

Now this has to be the punk who stole my bike, whether or not he is related to the "good samaritins" I do not now. But I sure as hell aint going to play happy tea parties with this guy if I find him around my house again.

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited:

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
seriously, you're a knob. Possession is 9/10 of the law? please, you're basically condoning bike theft. how the hell is buying a bike off some smacky on the street 'in good faith'? it's pretty fuckin obvious it was a dodgy sale.

having a go at someone about their attitude after having their bike stolen and privacy invaded is pretty fucking lame. find something better to do.

Cooch

Likes Dirt
To top this off, I just got a note under my home door this morning on a metcard from December: "HEARD U WHERE LOOKING 4 A BIKE GOOD LUCK HAHA RICH DOG6"

Now this has to be the punk who stole my bike, whether or not he is related to the "good samaritins" I do not now. But I sure as hell aint going to play happy tea parties with this guy if I find him around my house again.

Cheers,

Ken
Hey Ken, time for a real Doberman Pinscher :D

Llewis

Likes Bikes
You're going to Jail...

Ken,
you just bought stolen goods, making you an accessory to the crime. It's jail for you bucko and (as I'm sure he knew what he was doing) the middle man too!

Llew.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Ge , thats a pretty poor attitude Excuse me if i have this wrong but you are either a mtb importer , distributor <shop > and you have had a bike stolen . A member of the general public has bought this stolen bike in-good faith , then finds out that the bike is stolen goods . The person then contacts you and informs you that they have your property . They inform you that they payed $400 for the bike and your response is , that you will meet them half way $200 . Ok so your out of pocket of $200 and the good samaritan is out of pocket $200 . If it had been me that had come across the bike i would have told you to go jump with a $200 offer . Possession is 9/10 of the law . It was you own stupidity that the bike was stolen . Now the bike in question , at fist glance it looks like a norco torrent and one the second hand market you would expect to pay $500/ $700 so if you are not up on current specks you could be forgiven for thinking it was just another mtb . Just say the bike had gone to a pawn broker and the broker payed $400 for the bike . The bike after being purchased by the broker comes up as stolen through there goods register , then the police are called . The police then call you and you have to waste your time going down to the brokers to id your property . So then the bike sits at the police station for 6 months ore so until the matter goes to court . Then you go to court and waste another day going to and from court . The outcome would be that you would have to reimburse the pawn broker the $400 that they had outlaid for your property.
You're excused.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm $200 or a call from some coppers to take the bike away from you and you get nothing. take your pick

he was in no position to say no i wont take $200

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one

Hah, the guy didn't buy it in good faith...he bought it for himself and knew it was stolen, he bought it from a "junkie"....although this was the final story, the orginal one from his brother was "he bought it from a mate who steals bikes".

Posession is 9/10 of the law? Wow, you have been watching too much CSI or Law and order. It is my bike, I am the sole distributor of the bike and products on it. I can unequivably prove that it is my bike, there have already been police reports filed, etc. etc. Posession only counts if you have no proof it is yours...eg. you go up to a guy and say "thats my car", when he has all his stuff in there, his name is on the registration and on the pink slip.

And you would tell me to go jump off a cliff with a $200 offer? Hah, well that is a sure fire way to get a visit from the cops you don't need.

Anyway I still find the behaviour of our "good samaritins" fishy, their story changed. They were extremely adept to me fishing for information and let on no details. They always called with private numbers.

Cheers,

Ken
After give PROPS to the guy for giving the bike back after he stumbled across you web sight and saw that the bike was stolen . I couldn`t understand your attitude . Look i understand you are pissed off lossing your property but you left some facts out of your story . Mabe take some of your own advice ,watch csi and learn how to put a story together .

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm

seriously, you're a knob. Possession is 9/10 of the law? please, you're basically condoning bike theft. how the hell is buying a bike off some smacky on the street 'in good faith'? it's pretty fuckin obvious it was a dodgy sale.

having a go at someone about their attitude after having their bike stolen and privacy invaded is pretty fucking lame. find something better to do.
Im not condoning bike theft . After props were given to the guy who bought the bike ,not knowing what it was ! , finding out the bike was stollen! then reterning the bike ! . I asumed that he was some random who just bought a cheep bike and did the right thing reterning it and was getting a raw deal . The bike could have been stripped for parts , ore the person who bought the bike could have written a reciet and keep it . There was no mention of , his brother said the guy bought the bike of a mate that steels bikes ect ect and that the story keeps changing . So chuckrockswell get the f_ck of me knob .

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Im not condoning bike theft . After props were given to the guy who bought the bike ,not knowing what it was ! , finding out the bike was stollen! then reterning the bike ! . I asumed that he was some random who just bought a cheep bike and did the right thing reterning it and was getting a raw deal . The bike could have been stripped for parts , ore the person who bought the bike could have written a reciet and keep it . There was no mention of , his brother said the guy bought the bike of a mate that steels bikes ect ect and that the story keeps changing . So chuckrockswell get the f_ck of me knob .
lucky for you, i found something to occupy your time with. go back to kindergarten and learn how to spell. go a little easier on the space bar next time too. trying to interpret your lame ass replies took way too much time out of my day.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
After give PROPS to the guy for giving the bike back after he stumbled across you web sight and saw that the bike was stolen . I couldn`t understand your attitude . Look i understand you are pissed off lossing your property but you left some facts out of your story . Mabe take some of your own advice ,watch csi and learn how to put a story together .
Have a read through the thread again, my story never changes. I merely supply more facts in reply to everyones comments. Maybe you should work on your reading more and stop making assumptions in areas where you do not have facts.

Yes I gave him props, but I was always suspicious. Just because I didn't say this until someone else had the same suspicions doesn't mean I have changed my story or attitude at all.

I would quit while you're ahead (or behind in this case) and just leave the thread.

Cheers,

Ken

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

Some mothers do 'ave em...:rolleyes: