stp dually???

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone i have heard people say that giant made a dual suspension stp. is this true. i have looked and looked for one on google but have found nothing. does any body know if this is true, does anybody have pics of one.

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
are you actually bieng serious because i thought it woulldnt be that good. a giant glory doesnt even look close to a stp even though its got no shock.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no he is being facetious. and i doubt they made a STP dually, as the stp sales are down and not being released for next couple years in lots of countries

too true. i have not heard anything about an stp duallie. if they are making one i see it as a last ditch effort to save their dj/street line, which they will fail to do with their outdated technology. giant should stick to what theyre good at; downhill, freeride and AM

well that my two cents on this

red

Likes Dirt
are you actually bieng serious because i thought it woulldnt be that good. a giant glory doesnt even look close to a stp even though its got no shock.
Well if you were to look at a 2011 stp and a 2011 glory they do look alot alike

i dont see a resemblance. one has straight tubing, one has hydraformed tubing, which means they arent even made using the same machine. and the inside diameters will be completely different. the geometry will be very different too.

you must realise looks mean absolutely nothing. the inside diameters, butting and tube shape is completely different in those bikes

Shredden

Knows his goats
i dont see a resemblance. one has straight tubing, one has hydraformed tubing, which means they arent even made using the same machine. and the inside diameters will be completely different. the geometry will be very different too.

you must realise looks mean absolutely nothing. the inside diameters, butting and tube shape is completely different in those bikes
They are both hydroformed?

that could be the case as i was mostly guessing, but it does not say on giants website that it is hydraformed and it looks to me like theres only tapered tubing which could be made without hydraforming (like the dobermann pinsher seatstay)
either way, they are 2 very different frames

Last edited: