Strange tips for strange times...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wondering how to survive in these uncertain times? Got a handy hint for keeping sane? Need a hand with something? Just want a laugh because everywhere else you look is grim?

Then this thread might be for you. Fight off cabin fever with a virtual escape.

If you want to talk serious about the impending doom head to the other thread:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With novel being thrown up in front of coronavirus covid-19 I figure I'm going to read a novel or two. I used to be an avid reader but have really dropped the ball in the last few years.

If your up for it, give Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler a read. Though most of it is set inside a small prison cell...so perhaps not best for those with cabin fever.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
I'm re-reading "the stand" at the moment, perfect mood setter
funny you bring that up....was mentioning this to a mate/fellow rb-er yesterday arvo & the similarities to our current reality.

The plot centers on a pandemic of a weaponized strain of influenza that almost entirely kills the world's population.
...uhm. yup. it sure does

...just saw this link:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I am just about to start reading "Acid for the Children" , basically and autobi and other funny stories written by a little know author by the name of Michael Balzary ;) (AKA Flea!)

Last edited:

safreek

I am just about to start reading "Acid for the Children" , basically and autobi and other funny stories written by a little know author by the name of Michael Balzary ;) (AKA Flea!)
View attachment 361367
Yeah, I'm about to start taking acid again, things look all rosy then, unless you can't handle drugs. Be a sucky time then.
On a different note I had a dry coughing fit last night, thought I had the virus but then realised it was the new strain of hydro. Fucken mad as

Calvin27

Eats Squid
My quarrantine list, no particular order or priority:

• Work admin and reports
  • Dig approximately 30 holes and posts - doing this manually because money is tight and could do with the physical exercise
  • Backlog of 4 books part read
  • Painting canvas I started 5 years ago
  • More time with 8 month old
  • Bicycle fleet maintenance
  • Get my wine pallet and taste senses back up to scratch.
  • Electronic filing of photos and other stuff.
  • 40 sqm of decking to draft

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If you're not familiar with Kurt Vonnegut now is the perfect time to get acquainted. Cat's cradle is my favourite but the rest of his novels are pretty good too. Brilliant kinda scifi ish, warm humour with a nice human touch. I plan on rereading them all.
I've got a wood lathe without much of a clue on using it that used to be my dads, now could be the perfect time to master an at home hobby.
What I should be doing is completing home renovations but now I'm going to find a whole new collection of ways to procrastinate.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yeah, I'm about to start taking acid again, things look all rosy then, unless you can't handle drugs. Be a sucky time then.
On a different note I had a dry coughing fit last night, thought I had the virus but then realised it was the new strain of hydro. Fucken mad as
spending your pay rise already, must have got through before the website went down?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you're not familiar with Kurt Vonnegut now is the perfect time to get acquainted. Cat's cradle is my favourite but the rest of his novels are pretty good too. Brilliant kinda scifi ish, warm humour with a nice human touch. I plan on rereading them all.
I've got a wood lathe without much of a clue on using it that used to be my dads, now could be the perfect time to master an at home hobby.
What I should be doing is completing home renovations but now I'm going to find a whole new collection of ways to procrastinate.
I'd like to order the following bespoke timber products from your upcoming catalogue please:
  • 6 x muddlers for cocktails. They will need to sealed to food safety standard please.
  • 1 relica horse cock, no splinters please
  • 1 medium Judas stick.

I may also need some drumsticks. It turns out some of my neighbours are learning musical instruments...if they can torture me, I think it only fair of me to share my music with them too.

safreek

spending your pay rise already, must have got through before the website went down?
Wish I was on the rock n roll, life would be good. Just been told that my window cleaning at an oldies home is ratshit for the foreseeable future, couple grand a month gone. Still smokin on the other money at the moment. Guess I get to hit my super soon so I'm not looking at it being a bad thing, may buy an oz when that happens, needed if lock down happens. And a vintage dh bike or two, now that makes me happy.
If life gives you a cup of urine , turn it into lemonade, I still love life.

stirk

Burner
Wish I was on the rock n roll, life would be good. Just been told that my window cleaning at an oldies home is ratshit for the foreseeable future, couple grand a month gone. Still smokin on the other money at the moment. Guess I get to hit my super soon so I'm not looking at it being a bad thing, may buy an oz when that happens, needed if lock down happens. And a vintage dh bike or two, now that makes me happy.
If life gives you a cup of urine , turn it into lemonade, I still love life.
Your partner is going to flog you if money is spent on old bikes, but that's your devious plan right?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get my wine pallet and taste senses back up to scratch.
a pallet of wine and your palate wont be able to discern anything. though it could be fun.
I could happily descend into video games but the kids would never let me have the time.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Reading books, drinking wine?!
You’ll all end up locked in your rooms covered in jizz.
I’ve purchased a tv for the first time so I can watch re runs of Sprung and NWD videos.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
a pallet of wine and your palate wont be able to discern anything
I actually meant to type pallet. It's a small pallet but got a few bottles in there, I'd guess 4 dozen. Parents and uncles went caravaning for half a year and collected a shet load.